Its sad when neo nazis are more civilized

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

Its sad when neo nazis are more civilized

Postby kiryan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:03 am

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 3821.story

I didn't read one line in the article that indicated the neo nazis did anything but exercise their legal rights to free speech. I did read how the counter protesters went ape shit and had a reginald denny moment, twice. Yet only 5 people were arrested even though 'dozens' through rocks and bottles at police and neo nazi protestors. I've seen two low key articles on this and I'm not aware of any democrats standing up to denounce the violence. I mean they represent the minorities right? Even the police response was low, "Cmdr. David Doan said the LAPD's goal was to protect free speech and avoid using force. "There was a tremendous amount of restraint shown by our officers," he said. "We allowed both sides to exercise their 1st Amendment rights."... 2 people got the shit beat out of them and the rest had bottles and rocks thrown at them...

Can you imagine the police response, the political response, the media response if it had been a bunch of white people attacking minorities? IF tea partiers had beat up two minority democrat protesters? Instead of the tea partier getting the shit beat out of him and sent to the hospital by democrats (recent event)? Clearly, minorities and democrats don't play by the same rules that they make the white folk follow. No hate crime here.. at least the neo nazis haven't been charged with one yet, cuz you know the minorities won't be charged with one.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: Its sad when neo nazis are more civilized

Postby Thilindel » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:24 pm

kiryan wrote:Yet only 5 people were arrested even though 'dozens' through rocks and bottles at police and neo nazi protestors.

Took a second for me to realize you meant "threw". Damn it's too early for me to do politics..
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Thilindel wrote:
kiryan wrote:Yet only 5 people were arrested even though 'dozens' through rocks and bottles at police and neo nazi protestors.

Took a second for me to realize you meant "threw". Damn it's too early for me to do politics..

Wow, i am epicly ashamed I used through instead of threw!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Umm... Kiryan.. there are a lot of violent neo nazi extremists. Every interest group can cobble together a bunch of non-violent supporters.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:46 pm

... sure the title was meant to be provocative. I certainly wouldn't say as a whole neo nazi's are more civil than folks with some mesegeny (sp) in their heritage!

however, the substance of the point is valid. you have a lawful group of protestors being attacked physically by a bunch of democrats. sure there were some jews in the counter protest camp, just like there are a few hispanics and blacks in tea party protests. If the roles had been reversed, it would be all over every front page everywhere. There would be raucous demands for political leaders of all affiliations to condemn the violence.

instead we barely get an article on it in the local newspaper. A noose shows up on a tree or behind some white guys pickup and its nation wide news. white people being ass beaten by minorities is barely worth reporting.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:32 am

My bad.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Ahh, the old "stop hate criminals by beating them up" trick.

In many countries it is not allowed to be a nazi, nor print nazi propeganda. These countries have a few exceptions to their 1st ammendment. Germany is the most extreme. Here it not allowed to salute like the nazies, nor is it allowed to deny holocaust. The later I think is fine, the first is just silly.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 pm

yea I'm really not sure what to think about the european "holocaust denial" laws. On one hand, lieing causes harm to all of us and is generally not tolerated. Think of the effects on people when politicians, scientists, marketing lie... On the other hand, how can you have a free exchange of ideas when some ideas are deemed "illegal". Should anyone, any group be able to decide whats not valid... but on the other hand... you certainly wouldn't want those ideas ever to take hold again and reignite into a 2nd holocaust.

I personally think we worry too much about how powerful these ideologies are... then again some crazies flew planes into several buildings. Maybe we should outlaw raidcal islam. radical PETA, radical tea partiers and conservatives, militas ect... maybe we should just let government run all news, tv and movie production... and censor the Internet. China starting to look pretty good.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:53 pm

This used to be a regular issue around here every year when the AN would have their yearly march. Lots of people would show up and yell back at them and the occasional fight or rock throwing would give the local media something to talk about for the next week. After years of anger and complaints about the AN being issued the permits to hold their marches people finally got the idea to stop attending the march, and after one or two seasons of marching down an empty street with nobody watching or yelling back they stopped holding them.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:44 pm

Botef wrote:This used to be a regular issue around here every year when the AN would have their yearly march. Lots of people would show up and yell back at them and the occasional fight or rock throwing would give the local media something to talk about for the next week. After years of anger and complaints about the AN being issued the permits to hold their marches people finally got the idea to stop attending the march, and after one or two seasons of marching down an empty street with nobody watching or yelling back they stopped holding them.

It is wonderful that people still have the ability to figure these things out, even if it takes them a decade.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Why is it that when tea partiers gather, its a racist and potentially violence prone affair per Bill Clinton. But when minorities gather and actually physically assault people, throw bottles at police at an anti arizona immigration law there is no story, just social injustice, racial profiling and "striking at Americans very basic sense of fairness"? Where is the coverage of this violence nation wide? If the perps are minoirities, they get a pass, if they are white we get our panties in a bunch and get worried about extremist right wingers.

A black woman falsely accuses a lacrosse team of rape, they are instantly indicted, assumed guilty and its a nation wide story instantly. A noose gets hung in a tree or behind a pickup and its a hate crime. Smear beans in the Swastikas (nazi) on state capitol building windows and its no big deal.

http://www.floppingaces.net/2010/04/25/ ... n-arizona/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/2 ... 52201.html

pretty much asks the same quesiton I do.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opini ... 50184.html

Seriously, how do Democrats sleep at night with this kind of hipocrisy?

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”