Environmentalism, religion, etc.

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Environmentalism, religion, etc.

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed May 12, 2010 12:47 am

Good article.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: Environmentalism, religion, etc.

Postby Sarvis » Thu May 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Define "good." I got about as far as I could before my brain started to hurt. Apparently Hollywood began began preparing us to believe in Obama as a savior the moment Bush was elected with "The Legend of Bagger Vance," because a black guy gave a white guy advice!

This is really the same vapid argument as "science is religion." Why is it that those who are religious can't understand looking at the world in any other way? Not even the most fervent Obama supporter thinks he is an immortal, invisible sky wizard... so drop it.

EDIT: Oh wait, it started in 1998 with "What Dreams May Come." Silly me, I didn't realize he had that much power as a newly elected Illinois state senator!
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu May 13, 2010 7:19 pm

I didn't really like the article, but I liked the picture, with Obama with a halo.

Something I would really have liked was an abstract done as a research paper:

This article explains blah blah, with quotes from popular movies and things the author made up.

That would have been a cool abstract!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri May 14, 2010 9:19 pm

long article, makes some points but takes a while to get there.

one of my favorite questions in the last year is how do we distinguish between a religious belief structure and some of those mentioned like environmentalism. From an aethiest point of view, both are man made so what makes it ok to discriminate against christian beliefs and environmental beliefs. Obviously the truth... making it the same argument we would make in converse, pro religious beliefs.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”