sigh GOP already planning politics as usual

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

sigh GOP already planning politics as usual

Postby kiryan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:20 pm

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41506.html

I thought Dems were just investigation happy due to the war. I guess I didn't realize that this is just politics as usual from Clinton and Lewinsky to Bush and the war and I guess Obama and whatever they can dream up if we win in November.

Ridiculous.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re: sigh GOP already planning politics as usual

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:24 am

What's to investigate? The public knows that the administration and the party are eyeball deep in special interests and private money.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:45 pm

kiryan wrote:http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41506.html

I thought Dems were just investigation happy due to the war. I guess I didn't realize that this is just politics as usual from Clinton and Lewinsky to Bush and the war and I guess Obama and whatever they can dream up if we win in November.

Ridiculous.

Actually, you'll remember that Obama declined to launch formal investigations of the Bush administration's deception surrounding Iraq and the war, instead preferring to support the troops and look to the future rather than the past.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Ragorn wrote:
kiryan wrote:http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41506.html

Ridiculous.

Actually, you'll remember that Obama declined to launch formal investigations of the Bush administration's deception surrounding Iraq and the war, instead preferring to support the troops and look to the future rather than the past.

Yes, a very smart political move to decline investigations that will turn up nothing.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:11 am

Oh jeez. It's about time he gets a little bit of scrutiny. He certainly gets very little from the press. Congress' oversight role is one of the most important (if not THE most important) elements of the historical 'checks and balances' between the legislative and executive branches of government. Unfortunately, it has given Obama a free pass for two years. That will change soon enough when control passes to the Republicans. The guy ran for president promising a transparent administration. If he has nothing to hide he should welcome the investigations. Yes - I absolutely want to find out if the New Black Panthers were given special treatment. And it's about time they look into which FOB's (Friends of Barry) lobbied the most for stimulus funds. Happily, we soon shall see. :)

Bonus - with divided government hopefully no further damage will be wrought upon the American people. I mean, hopefully no further legislation is passed.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:49 pm

You talking about investigating Bush for war crimes? I see. I was thinking more of congress. Fair enough point Ragorn although the way I saw it there was an investigation. At least based on the hearings the subpoenas the news articles ect...
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:59 pm

More smart GOP politics:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... h-tax-cuts

Once they take control of the legislature they can send all sorts of fun bills to Obama. Either he signs them, or he further alienates himself and the Democratic party from the middle class. Bravo!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Corth wrote:Once they take control of the legislature they can send all sorts of fun bills to Obama. Either he signs them, or he further alienates himself and the Democratic party from the middle class. Bravo!

Out of curiosity, which middle class do you mean? The average income earners, or the "professionals and managers" middle class?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:14 pm

I don't like smart politics... I don't like the games they play to get elected and stay elected.

Not saying that putting bills out and forcing Obama and Dems to go on record for or against is bad... but when they target healthcare reform I'm sure they are going to tuck in all sorts of anti abortion stuff. Instead of working with Democrats to repeal a bad bill, they'll try to see how much they force them to go on record "supporting". For whatever reason... billy hit me and sally called me a name and other stupid crap.

We need to cut the crap and that includes blasting Holder for racism even if they did blast gonzales for politicizing the DOJ.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:30 pm

kiryan wrote:We need to cut the crap

But you perpetuate so much of it...
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:35 pm

yes and as soon as you cut the crap so will I. I'm not going first.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:26 am

Kiryan, you start about 90% of the threads on the forums these days. You are literally going first.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”