flattering comments for Bush from Tony Blair

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

flattering comments for Bush from Tony Blair

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:24 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html

At least I foung them flattering.

"He was basically considered a right-wing Republican bastard for getting rid of hostile brutal dictatorships and insisting they be replaced not with friendly brutal dictatorships but with an attempt at liberal democracy," Blair reportedly wrote.

... and yet you liberals bleed all over the place for those poor illegal immigrants suffering omg discrimination and poor healthcare. Iraqis and Afghanistanis were beaten tortured (real torture) had their wives raped in front of them and worse for daring to be opposed to the regimes... to ultraconservative religious ideas... god you guys are dumb.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: flattering comments for Bush from Tony Blair

Postby Sarvis » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:52 am

If you look back at the thread we had before the war started, you'd see I supported the war in order to oust Saddam.

What you're conveniently glossing over is the fact that Bush lied to us to start the war. He did not sell the war on the basis of bringing democracy to Iraq, or of removing a dictator. He sold the war on the basis of WMD that were never found.

He lied to start a war, THAT is the problem.

The fact is I doubt his motives were actually to install a working democratic government. Part of the reason we are still there is that the Iraqi people doubt this as well, and fought against our continued presence thinking we're pulling the strings of a puppet ruler. (I'm not saying we are, but that many Iraqi insurgents probably think this.)

Given that it's known Cheney is a member of an organization promoting the idea of an American empire starting in the Middle East, which has on it's list Afghanistan and Iraq as the first targets...

Well, just sayin'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:37 am

I thought you were an ends justify the means kind of guy. I mean confiscate american tax payer money to pay for those without. This should be right up your alley lies or not.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:04 am

kiryan wrote:I thought you were an ends justify the means kind of guy. I mean confiscate american tax payer money to pay for those without. This should be right up your alley lies or not.

You choose to live here. Ever have a landlord? Is your landlord stealing your money when you choose to stay in that apartment? I'm sure there are places without a government meaningful enough to "steal" your money through taxes. Why don't you go live there? Oh, right... because you wouldn't last 5 seconds without the services taxes pay for.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:28 am

sure pencil dick.

I've lived 1 street over from the border of compton
I've lived in ghetto part of placentia
I've lived 5 streets over from the mexican gangs of long beach
I hunt with both gun and bow.
I have no pre-existing qualms about shooting someone and I will shoot as many times as necessary to be sure they are dead or kick or stab or whatever.

I'm not some liberal baby that is scared of guns and couldn't wipe my ass without goverment certified green toliet paper. That would be you.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Sarvis wrote:If you look back at the thread we had before the war started, you'd see I supported the war in order to oust Saddam.

What you're conveniently glossing over is the fact that Bush lied to us to start the war. He did not sell the war on the basis of bringing democracy to Iraq, or of removing a dictator. He sold the war on the basis of WMD that were never found.

He lied to start a war, THAT is the problem.

The fact is I doubt his motives were actually to install a working democratic government. Part of the reason we are still there is that the Iraqi people doubt this as well, and fought against our continued presence thinking we're pulling the strings of a puppet ruler. (I'm not saying we are, but that many Iraqi insurgents probably think this.)

Given that it's known Cheney is a member of an organization promoting the idea of an American empire starting in the Middle East, which has on it's list Afghanistan and Iraq as the first targets...

Well, just sayin'

What lies? The only lie is the lie.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:05 pm

Sarvis wrote:
kiryan wrote:I thought you were an ends justify the means kind of guy. I mean confiscate american tax payer money to pay for those without. This should be right up your alley lies or not.

You choose to live here. Ever have a landlord? Is your landlord stealing your money when you choose to stay in that apartment? I'm sure there are places without a government meaningful enough to "steal" your money through taxes. Why don't you go live there? Oh, right... because you wouldn't last 5 seconds without the services taxes pay for.

Hey, dumbass, Kiryan is only advocating a minimization of taxation, not the elimination. He obviously pays his taxes.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:18 pm

What? Tony Blair said something nice about George Bush? Color me shocked. You know the world's nickname for Tony Blair was "Bush's lapdog" right? :D

I mean confiscate american tax payer money to pay for those without.

... and yet you liberals bleed all over the place for those poor illegal immigrants suffering omg discrimination and poor healthcare. Iraqis and Afghanistanis were beaten tortured (real torture) had their wives raped in front of them and worse for daring to be opposed to the regimes... to ultraconservative religious ideas... god you guys are dumb.

You know he confiscated your taxpayer money to fight those wars, right? :)

You know that Halliburton personally took home more taxpayer money than Obama's stimulus, right? :)

You know that the people you're getting a hardon for in this thread are the same people trying to build a religious structure in New York City, right? And your heart bleeds for them SO MUCH that you support a 2.7 trillion dollar war to keep them from being represessed by "ultraconservative religious ideas" in their home country, while repressing them with your own ultraconservative religious ideas in ours.

The American right is so hypocritical I can't help but laugh at you :)
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:50 pm

kiryan wrote:sure pencil dick.

I've lived 1 street over from the border of compton
I've lived in ghetto part of placentia
I've lived 5 streets over from the mexican gangs of long beach
I hunt with both gun and bow.
I have no pre-existing qualms about shooting someone and I will shoot as many times as necessary to be sure they are dead or kick or stab or whatever.

I'm not some liberal baby that is scared of guns and couldn't wipe my ass without goverment certified green toliet paper. That would be you.

So what are you doing here when there are places with no taxes/theft? Go, go on girl! Seek your freedom!

Oh wait, the services you depend on include a lot more than police protection and food inspection. Oh, and while you've lived near "gangs" you've never dealt with a warlord driving around with military grade weapons raiding your village every couple weeks.

You don't go to those places because they are not environments where civilization thrives, and you could not build the life you have here.

Face it Kiryan, you use government services ever time a guy cashes his welfare check for food instead of robbing your house to eat.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Sarvis wrote:Face it Kiryan, you use government services ever time a guy cashes his welfare check for food instead of robbing your house to eat.

Except he isn't. You're so full of shit. Most of the world doesn't have welfare checks and most of the world doesn't have their houses robbed. Read more.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:23 pm

ragorn, fair enough I'm a hippocrite because I focus my bitching on services for the "poor". Does that also make you a hippocrite for your stance against the war that may give an entire country hope for the future?

Sarvis, You do not need social programs to have stability, China is relatively stable through its kangaroo courts and law enforcement system. I reject the fallacy.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”