Before Sarvis, Teflor, and Kiryan

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Gormal
Sojourner

Before Sarvis, Teflor, and Kiryan

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:12 pm

general discussion wasn't a complete shithole forum.

Remember remember...

(I warned you guys years ago how bad things were getting)
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: Before Sarvis, Teflor, and Kiryan

Postby Sarvis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:45 pm

The problem isn't that the three of us argue, it's that no one else posts anything at all anymore.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:22 pm

You three spammed this forum so badly with your garbage, the moderators failed to reign you in, and as a result- decent posters abandoned it as a lost cause. Blame for the current state of this forum can be tossed around but the fact remains that you three are terrible posters who should've been stopped long ago.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:45 pm

:roll:

I was gone for two years, during which most of the decline actually happened. But no, point fingers at other users... couldn't have anything to do with players dropping from the game or just finding other things to do with their lives. It must be the guy who wasn't here for two years. Yep.

How about this, post something interesting other than a political debate or an attack on other people?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:00 pm

Your most recent thread is about Christians and book burning but you're right that mine was politically motivated:

I think Kiryan is a great guy and an awesome player but I won't read any post his name is on. Teflor, yourself, and Thillindel are equally horrible when it comes to posting. Your time off improved your contributions not a bit. I still have to click on 'display this post anyway' for you guys and I regret it every time I make the mistake.

There are some really good posters here too which is what makes it so sad. You and your ilk are a blight on what was once a great community. It saddens me that every time I decide to come check in I see pages of shit heaped with useless garbage that no one wants to read. Quick, before someone posts the most recent political tidbit that came across the ticker!

All of you could take a lesson from Dartan/Corth and at least try to wait for interesting news to come up or post something that warrants more than a few second blurb on your local evening news. Maybe even something that has nothing to do with politics, your failed love life, or personal social commentary.

On a more positive note: Touk is still the god of my idolatry, Dhurn should still swap his main back to warrior because dwarves own, and every time I hear a goat joke I want to kick Pril in the taint. Lilithelle sucks.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Glad to see you back Jake, everything going better?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Things are good, don't let my annoyance with this forum convince you otherwise!
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Gormal wrote:Your most recent thread is about Christians and book burning but you're right that mine was politically motivated:

I think Kiryan is a great guy and an awesome player but I won't read any post his name is on. Teflor, yourself, and Thillindel are equally horrible when it comes to posting. Your time off improved your contributions not a bit. I still have to click on 'display this post anyway' for you guys and I regret it every time I make the mistake.

There are some really good posters here too which is what makes it so sad. You and your ilk are a blight on what was once a great community. It saddens me that every time I decide to come check in I see pages of shit heaped with useless garbage that no one wants to read. Quick, before someone posts the most recent political tidbit that came across the ticker!

All of you could take a lesson from Dartan/Corth and at least try to wait for interesting news to come up or post something that warrants more than a few second blurb on your local evening news. Maybe even something that has nothing to do with politics, your failed love life, or personal social commentary.

On a more positive note: Touk is still the god of my idolatry, Dhurn should still swap his main back to warrior because dwarves own, and every time I hear a goat joke I want to kick Pril in the taint. Lilithelle sucks.

See, you missed my point completely. Why don't YOU post any of that? Instead you bitch about the only people who do post. Post something worthwhile, or quit yer bitchin'.

I wasn't saying my break should or would have done me any good (though you're full of shit if you don't think I'm much less vocal these days) but was pointing out that when I left there were a LOT more active posters than there were when I came back.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:20 pm

You suck, you've always sucked, you will probably continue to suck.

I've accepted it so why can't you? Here is an example of what a normal person (not you) would consider content worthy of posting:

You've all never understood that the entire point of posting on a public forum is for the audience. You throw peanut-laden turds at this audience and fail to understand why they have left the room.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:47 pm

You, sir, are an idiot.

If you want to trace people leaving the forum back to content, then blame Teyaha and Yayaril for leaving. There really hasn't been much interesting since Teyaha's girl photos and Yaya's 3w comic.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Here is my contribution towards improving GD.

Call me Teyaha.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Bit chubby for my taste, but still an improvement!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:31 pm

I challenge you Jake. I challenge you to make this forum better while I go play FFXIV.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:33 pm

Dalar wrote:I challenge you Jake. I challenge you to make this forum better while I go play FFXIV.

Brian,

If you are leaving then the forum is already better :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Well, if you left the board would be less stupid in an intelligence sense. Why don't we stay together to make this a better place.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Has anyone read Death by Meetings? This board is the boring meetings that the company held at the beginning of the book. Nobody wants to be here but people stick around because there's some sense of needing to be here (nostalgia?). In the book the meetings lacked focus, direction, and drama.

This board is all about lack of focus, no direction in where its content is going, and it's boring as hell reading the political trio talk about random crap.

Can we get a forum just for politics? Can even name it "Garbage Gormal doesn't want to read".
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:48 pm

God I missed you guys.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Now THIS thread is worth posting in.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:01 pm

i threw a crap laden turd into this thread!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:27 pm

*bird* eat shit and die.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:25 pm

Dalar wrote:I challenge you Jake. I challenge you to make this forum better while I go play FFXIV.

I've heard nothing but bad things about 14 as far as the beta goes, let me know if it is worth it after it goes live.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:26 pm

I think you were looking for this Jake.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:12 am

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:I think you were looking for this Jake.

MAD SKILLZ!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:36 am

lol i was thinking man thats not fake, epic hackysack until he kicked it off the water cooler. Hasami'ing it was a nice finale.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:57 pm

Something Constructive Goes Here.

You may all thank me for my contribution later :)
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Vigis wrote:Something Constructive Goes Here.

You may all thank me for my contribution later :)

VIGIS! How the hell have ya been?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Its a good thing that community and social environment has nothing to do with online RPGs. This forum is the TorilMUD community's flagship for new players... think about it. I can't stand to even look at this forum any more so email me if you wanna shoot the shit.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Gormal wrote:Its a good thing that community and social environment has nothing to do with online RPGs. This forum is the TorilMUD community's flagship for new players... think about it. I can't stand to even look at this forum any more so email me if you wanna shoot the shit.

Congrats on all your efforts to help! You've clearly worked hard to make this a better place!

Or done nothing but complain about the few active posters. You know, one or the other.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:46 pm

Gormal wrote:Things are good, don't let my annoyance with this forum convince you otherwise!

Glad to hear it man! Email / pm me biatch.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:10 pm

damn it jake come back, at least general forum is interesting with you around! lol

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”