Thomas Jefferon quotes.

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

Thomas Jefferon quotes.

Postby kiryan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:07 pm

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe .
Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the
pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802 :
'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies . If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will
grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'
Turxx
Sojourner

Re: Thomas Jefferon quotes.

Postby Turxx » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:33 am

people who would say our forefathers didnt understand or couldnt have known what america would become have not read the things theyve penned or even the constitution and bill of rights itself
they saw it all coming, they did their best to protect us from it and it was our own ignorance and disregard that has put this country into the current situation
love for america does not equal love for its current government, propaganda or policies nor vice-versa
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:37 am

very true. I'm reminded of the Roman slogan, bread and games which pacified the romans as their empire crumbled around them. Welfare and Healthcare!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:55 pm

Republicans don't believe in the founding fathers or the bill of rights. Just ask anyone who lives in Texas... if they still remember who Thomas Jefferson is.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:06 pm

They remember if you ask in spanish.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:24 am

Ragorn wrote:Republicans don't believe in the founding fathers or the bill of rights. Just ask anyone who lives in Texas... if they still remember who Thomas Jefferson is.

I believe he's that black guy on that show with wheezy.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”