yea lets recess appoint warren

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

yea lets recess appoint warren

Postby kiryan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:00 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/1 ... 16352.html

I love the logic here...

UPDATE: Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) reached out to HuffPost to take issue with Dodd's position. "I think he is very wrong," Sanders said. "They would need 60 votes to [defeat a filibuster and confirm the nomination]. They would not get 60 votes to do that. The president has the power to make the appointment. We should not be beholden to a Republican filibuster and 60 votes, which is sure defeat. I have a lot of respect and affection for Senator Dodd, but I think he is dead wrong on this issue. What he is really saying is, 'Bring the name forth so she can be defeated.'"

mind you democrats held up Bush's appointments and kept congress in session (in name only) just to prevent Bush from making recess appointments, but somehow only Democrats "should not be beholden to a Republican filibuster and 60 votes". Democrats should make recess appointments, cuz I dunno its a good thing or something.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re: yea lets recess appoint warren

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:26 am

Kiryan, have you missed the last 40 years of Democrats believing that they are better than Republicans? It's a white, elitist movement dragging along all of their minority lackeys. What do you expect?

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”