Whore House

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Kifle
Sojourner

Whore House

Postby Kifle » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:03 am

In light of Gormal's recent thread, I thought I'd spice things up with a little news in my job area... The owner of the company I work for is going to purchase a whore house in Cabo -- and he wants me to run it after five years. Should I, or shouldn't I?
Corth
Sojourner

Re: Whore House

Postby Corth » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:06 am

Kifle you motherfucking pimp! Ok, first lesson. Repeat after me: Bitch better have mah money.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:15 am

All joking aside - if I were in your shoes I would be asking myself the following questions:

1. Do I have any moral qualms with doing that kind of work?

2. Is this the person I want to be? I.E. - when your kid's second grade teacher asks what his parents do is it going to bother you if he calls you a pimp?

3. Is the money good?

4. Is it potentially dangerous? I'm assuming it's a legal whorehouse but these types of industries are historically dominated by organized crime. You might be stepping on someone's toes. I assume when you say Cabo you are referring to Mexico. The gangs there are brutal.

5. Is there room for advancement? Ok the pay might be alright or even very good - but where do you go from there? Manage a chain of whorehouses?

6. Assuming Mexico - it's a nice place to visit - is it where you want to live? Raise your kids? Send them to school?

7. Will you be able to barter sexual favors for.. hrmm, legal services? *whistle*
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Hah! Actually, to the last one, yes :) It's going to be the corporation's Mexico "business" meeting place for larger clients. And this wont be happening until most of the kids are out of the house -- the last one will be a teenager, but I can run it being down there only a week out of the year :) Cabo is actually not as bad as the rest of Mexico as far as the gangs go. We have a factory in Durango, and I refuse to go down there and run it for him; however, Cabo is much better. The only "real" gang violence in a tourist town in Mexico, the good spots anyway, has been a night club in Cancun not too long ago; however, I think things will be better there after marijuana is legalized in Cali.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:05 am

How do you run a place when you are only there one week out of the year?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:31 am

There is only one way this scenario makes sense... thats if he likes you so much he just wants to give you money. Business men who run whore houses, don't give nothing away; its just not in their blood. I think its a bad idea, you're going to end up in jail, kidnapped, extorted or worse.

You're still in law school aren't you?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:50 am

No, neo, I ditched my lsats and decided to get into business instead. I meant go one week a month, not a year. And, yes, the owner loves me. I've taken his company from doing roughly 30k a month to around 800k+ a month, streamlined his manufacturing in Mexico, and increased his retail chain sales. Overall, the guy grosses over 1.2mil in sales a month (roughly 30-35% profit); so, yes, he loves the shit out of me. This whore house is his way of trying to "pay me back," in a sense. He wants out, his citizenship status in mexico should be finalized in about six months. He wants to set it up as a vacation spot for the execs and our clients. I would be doing the back-end from up here, then going down once a month for about a week.

But, you did bring up my fears -- the kidnapping and extorting. I only know about Mexico from what I hear on NPR in the mornings, from the owner, and from the managers in Durango, Mexico, which is much different than Cabo.
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:09 am

just fyi: whore houses are illegal in mexico. so be prepared to run from the federales whenever one of the girls gets the idea that she could pinch more money from the business. it is also a felony with mandatory jail time for the course of the investigation. you being a non-resident will undoubtedly be denied bail and if needed you'll also be put under "arraigo" which is legal limbo. good luck, i hope the rotten prison food, beatings, constant calls to your family members extorting money from them in exchange for letting you live are worth it. but hey, at least you wont get raped.. unless you catch the eye of one of the homeless trannies that voluntarily land in jail for their free aids treatment of course.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Well then maybe. On the other hand, if you're making him so much money, maybe he could just give you less money in a more legit way... business is all about risk management which is obviously why he wants out. Being connected to a whore house when you have that much money could be a problem as he tries to break into lower levels of "high society".
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:22 pm

Kifle,

If indeed the business is illegal I wouldn't even consider it for a second. Sounds like you may want to consider going into business for yourself with such skills. That is an assload of money.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:27 pm

If the business is legal, you make good money, and your family doesn't really care... then what's making you pause to consider? I mean, career development can be somewhat limited, but it's not exactly an industry that lives and dies on that point.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:36 pm

I would also like to point out that based on the title of this thread I expected more. Kifle you let me down once again!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:08 pm

no doubt. I might even be willing to fluff for you if you want to split some of that cash my ways.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:09 am

Lol, I wish I saw half of that money. No, I don't make that much, he does; I simply do all the work. I'm not complaining about my salary, but I don't want to make it seem like I'm swimming in cash or anything. This was just an idea me and him had to spread his money around and use it towards a somewhat synergistic industry. At the end, when he's ready to retire, I would be given the club in Mexico, and probably buy him out of the distribution company. Also, while it is technically a "whore house", it's actually a strip club, but all strip clubs in Mexico are actually whore houses.

Now, I think Grundar's moral diatribe put a little fear into me. Like I said, this isn't sent in stone, and I don't have to take the club from him. I am really weighing whether or not I want that type risk. My wife and I are very liberal when it comes to what you do to your own body, so prostitution falls under the "good for them" category. In fact, we both find it interesting. Cabo is beautiful, I wouldn't mind being my own boss for a change, and the atmosphere of organized crime down there may change in the next half decade. Also, Mexico is all about bribery. The laws mean absolutely nothing down there. As long as I don't piss off the locals, treat my workers well, which is half of why this company is so successful now, I shouldn't have any problems. I'm very good at managing people and removing the ones that are unmanageable
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:40 am

well at least you know what you're getting into. Corth has a much better suggestion, if you're that good find investors, start a rival business.

Getting involved with bribes yes is a way of business, but is dangerous. Also everywhere I've ever heard, whore houses are run by organized crime so you'll be paying off the police and the king pins. At least until they want all the profits not just 50% of them. With the squeeze on drugs, they may look for less dangerous revenue sources like protection rackets and prostitution. and what about when guys come in and beat up on your hos or want kids or you find out that you've been pimping a 16 yo run away etc... some of these men will obviously be too powerful and too well connected for you to refuse... others may be better connected than you realize when you encounter them... or just drunker. Do you really have the confidence that you can navigate a foreign culture and its mannerisms as well as you need to to keep your ass out of a sling? I learned with my ex wife that the "communication barrier" was not knowing the words, it was responding correctly and with the right words to a situation. Youre talking about going into a busienss where you will encounter the seedy underbelly of humanity... thats why most people avoid the ghetto... its a very risky proposition I wouldn't make a hasty decision and raising kids anywhere around that is even worse.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/23 ... orty-city/

7 killed in acuapolco. Not exactly cabo, but not exactly mexicali either

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”