Car Czar "settled" charges of bribery

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
kiryan
Sojourner

Car Czar "settled" charges of bribery

Postby kiryan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Imagine if this had been anyone in the bush whitehouse and haliburton.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43570.html

Financier Steven Rattner, former head of the government’s rescue of the auto industry, has settled securities charges against him stemming from a bribery scheme that predated his time in office.

Rattner, a major bankroller of Democratic campaigns, will pay a fine of more than $5 million and accept a multi-year ban from involvement with the securities industry, under a settlement to be announced Thursday by the Securities and Exchange Commission, according to a report by the New York Times. He faces more fines but likely no jail time under a separate investigation by New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: Car Czar "settled" charges of bribery

Postby Sarvis » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Yes, imagine. Oh wait, there were plenty of scandals under Bush and no one created a thread about 5 meaningless topics a day attempting to villify the other side.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re: Car Czar "settled" charges of bribery

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Yet another Obama administration crony. Another example of your typical corrupt politics and corrupted politicians, not alone, but particularly present in the Democrat party and the Obama administration. I almost agree with Rahm's move to GTFO and go back to detroit.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”