*******Guidelines for using this BBS*******

News Updates from the Toril Staff.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

*******Guidelines for using this BBS*******

Postby Shar » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:27 pm

It is time again to post about the downward spiral of the posts on this BBS.

The simple rule of no flaming/hijacking seems to be the most difficult to follow here, of late. So to make the presence of the positive side of our MUD/BBS more known, we will be editing posts that contain little to no useful feedback and limiting posters who continually abuse their privelege of posting. We have said it many times in hopes that those who post these types of things will stop, but it appears that simply making people aware of the rule is insufficient. It has come to editing and punishing.

This is not to say that you cannot post negative feedback. At times, negative feedback is as useful or more useful than positive. We actually need you to point out the negative aspects of this game. If the staff are unaware of a problem, it can never be fixed, however this does *NOT* mean that every aspect of gameplay that a player might find to be "negative" will be changed. You have your ideas on how this game should run and the staff have theirs. Post your criticisms *constructively* not angrily or harshly. This extends to responding to other players posts, not just for "new" threads.

We will no longer tolerate foul language in abundance. We realize that not everyone operates on the same page when it comes to what is or is not foul, but there is a limit as to what is acceptable. Keep your swearing and inuendo to a minimum. You have other forms of communication for those types of things, should you choose to express it. The BBS is not the place for your torid or lewd stories, nor is it the place for overly harsh or foul language. Name calling is not acceptable (to a point), even if it is in jest. Some words and phrases are simply over the line.

If you do post something that the administration staff find unsuitable for any number of reasons, we will edit it and give you a warning. Should you continue to post such things, you will continue to get edited and warned and will eventually be denied your posting priveleges.

This is by no means a new policy, but it is a good one. New players who come to this BBS in search of information often leave in frustration or are often shunned for their inexperience. Even newbies have input that is of value. Extreme value.

Trying to get a feel for the flow of the MUD from this BBS is very misleading. Many would say that this BBS is more negative than positive, which is exactly opposite of how the MUD is. Accurate representation is extremely important to the staff as it should be to the players.

If you love TorilMUD, reflect it in your posts. If you do not, refrain from posting hurtful or flaming comments. Do not hijack threads or put a spin on the words that are said. Try to remember that actual people are behind the posts here and nobody wants to be attacked, especially for oppinions or beliefs.

The Staff of TorilMUD thanks you for your understanding.
Last edited by Shar on Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:43 pm

Hrm.

I've got mixed feelings about this.

Quite frankly a huge proportion of the posts on this board are idiotic. Now, I'm not going to go as far as to say that people posting here are idiots, I'm sure the vast majority of them are not. But there is a huge amount of posts from people who do not read the complete thread and post a knee jerk reaction.

I don't like the idea of not being able to tell them in no uncertain terms that they are an idiot.

Or if you go to the thread which I received, heh, some hostility...

Now the hositlity is fine, it's fine if you don't agree with someone, explain why. But when someone posts something which is obviously entirely inaccurate, I want to be able to tell them that, and ask them what their hidden agenda is.

Now, I'm not saying that I disagree with what Shar is saying, there isn't anything in her post that is wrong, but it's open to question exactly how 'fluffy' we are expected to be. All I'm saying is that when someone is being an idiot, I'll explain why :)

EDIT : After speaking to Shar, I am comfortable that we won't have to be 'fluffy' to a sickening degree.
Last edited by Stamm on Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:26 pm

I for one welcome our new BBS overlords.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:37 pm

flip
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:38 pm

thank god
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:23 pm

This policy has yet to be enforced

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
thanuk
Sojourner

Re: *******Guidelines for using this BBS*******

Postby thanuk » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:59 pm

this aggression will not stand, man.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:54 am

* insert obligatory popcorn post *
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:10 am

Thanks for the Mori. I read that without looking first at the date.

These guidelines are not enforced :-|
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:41 pm

I'd gladly be an example if you guys started enforcing the rules for some players on this MUD. Having to argue vs people who aren't even up to date with the MUD is ridiculous. "WAH WAH MUDFLATION" with how many FK shields in game? GD cloaks? Dhunter rings?

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:58 pm

Yes, capricious rule enforcment always works out great!
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire

Return to “T2 Announcements Archive”