Area Requests - NEW IDEAS

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Area Requests - NEW IDEAS

Postby Dugmaren » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:08 pm

I'm getting bombarded by "suggestions", so figured I'd start a thread and everyone can post to their hearts content. This one is for stuff that is not in game yet.

Dug
Pril
Sojourner

Re: Area Requests - NEW IDEAS

Postby Pril » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:30 pm

There seems to be a serious lack of tia stingers in Cofen's inventory. Please load @once.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:18 am

Rewrite lichproc to be less stupid.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:39 am

Dug, could you be a little more specific? Or give an example? I don't want to post stuff by mistake that shouldn't be here.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:29 am

There are a lot of objects out there, and people always suggest different ideas for existing items they want made "better". I'm disinclined to actually change something that already has a purpose but am open to whatever options are being presented on new items.

For example - it was proposed that the Halruaan invoker staff proc. fire shield instead of damage because a middling damage proc on a staff isn't very useful to an invoker. Thus "new idea" - make a staff that procs fireshield.

Dug
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:30 am

whip of living slime (you know about this one)
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:55 am

I do, the proc is 95% complete and I don't know how to finish it. Maybe I'll look at it again :P
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:30 pm

BGR quest rewards (almost all of them)

a psionic fluid injection helm mkII

a mesh reinforced illithid robe of battle
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:27 pm

CM:
Add/fix exp quests
Reduce the hp on duergars in lower level if they are higher than 6k.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:31 am

You might want an entire new thread for CM, Dug.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:04 am

Add quest items to lvl 54+ mobs to turn in for exp (Not too much, maybe add a portal to lvl 41+ entry, 1% at lvl 50)
At the end of a high level zone, put a quest item in for very high exp, maybe 14-20% (res failure) that's !rent at the end of some zones or on some bosses.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:10 am

Make a quiver that procs an additional attack or two like circlet does.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:45 am

Make a training room where you can pick up weapons that proc blur 100x attacks and the weapons poof when you leave the room.

grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:03 am

make all the shopkeepers that are questmobs regular mobs and give them an apprentice shopkeeper who actually sells the crap.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:08 am

??

Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Dugmaren wrote:I do, the proc is 95% complete and I don't know how to finish it. Maybe I'll look at it again :P

Been hoping for this one for a while as well :( I'd ask for a simple quickie upgrade but then I'd worry that the current proc that doesn't work would have been much cooler!
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Do a run down of all zones that have a fight/chest/something that can't be twinked with 2-3 people (easily twinked that is) and put a XP item in each of these zones worth a flat 25%, regardless of level. Would create an alternative to bidding on stuff you already have that doesn't flood the auction.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Botef wrote:Do a run down of all zones that have a fight/chest/something that can't be twinked with 2-3 people (easily twinked that is) and put a XP item in each of these zones worth a flat 25%, regardless of level. Would create an alternative to bidding on stuff you already have that doesn't flood the auction.

Please assign me to this task.

Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:59 pm

When a person gets bitten by Gigantic werewolf in IC, it's easy to miss the proc that turns them into a lycanthrope. Is there anyway a !rent item (incisor from werewolf's mouth or something) could be put into a person's inventory once they've been bitten? That way after fight is done, people know if they're gonna wolf, and they know then whether they need to bid wolfsbane potion from IC vault or not. Thanks Duggy, you rock!
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:35 pm

Ardessa Moonblade wrote:When a person gets bitten by Gigantic werewolf in IC, it's easy to miss the proc that turns them into a lycanthrope. Is there anyway a !rent item (incisor from werewolf's mouth or something) could be put into a person's inventory once they've been bitten? That way after fight is done, people know if they're gonna wolf, and they know then whether they need to bid wolfsbane potion from IC vault or not. Thanks Duggy, you rock!

I could be totally wrong, but I don't believe there's any lore to support whether you know you've been infected with lycanthropy or not. AFAIK, the only way that a person finds out is when they reach their first full moon.
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:56 pm

Little tip for IC werewolves u dont actually have to be bitten by the gigantic werewolf to get wolved, any werewolf can do this.......Now to do ICvault twice to get some wolfsbanes :(
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”