Area Requests - MODIFICATIONS

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Area Requests - MODIFICATIONS

Postby Dugmaren » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:10 pm

Same as the other thread - just wanted to put something out there so you can post suggested modifications to existing area files. (Objects, mobs, quests, rooms whatever). The chances I'll fix typo's are about 1/2 the chances I'll sac you for asking btw... Juan. And remember that code is going to take at LEAST 10x as long to get implemented right now so I'll more then likely ignore those requests as well.

Dug
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Re: Area Requests - MODIFICATIONS

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:40 pm

I...the description...it...

Oh well.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:30 pm

lol <3
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:17 am

Choking Palace:

Raise the hp of Ekahk by at least 50%. Most of the problem with this zone is that a single mob or 2 can easily have him dead before anyone can even get back to check(and this is more or less with us stacking as many defensive spells on him as we can).

Reduce orc wave hps by 15-20%.

Also, what "King" doesn't have some sort of guard entourage on hand at all times? That's whack. Remove entrance directly from underground grate into palace unless there is an exit back into the tunnel as well...

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:I...the description...it...

Sentence fragment.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Thrand
Sojourner

Postby Thrand » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:14 am

Ive thought more abput it :)

a fiery suit of remorhaz scalemail

Can you remove pff, add 1 dr
and make this rogueable ?

Thanks for your time and effort!

Lopi
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:56 pm

sphere of nature, change to +5 spell focus nature
FK shield, change to +5 spell focus healing
swirling orb of air, change to +4 spell focus healing
change tiamat arch-magi rings to +5 spell focus invoker
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:05 pm

the brilliantly shining horn of a kirin - lose the antigoodrace and antiwarrior flags that the un-upgraded version doesn't have
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:01 am

Add 8 ac 2 spell focus ench on a green sparkling tel'kiira gem. Not worth wearing in its current state imo.
Make Oakvale shield 5 maxagi rather than 9 agi and 15 hp rather than -5 sv br.
Change the wooden amulet of the ancient tree guardian to 3 spell focus nature rather than 5 maxwis

Reduce troll regen to be much less for mobs higher than 40.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:07 am

Faeriekind cloak should have more -height, maybe -50. -12 height is nothing, not even for a gnome.

ac18 40hp -12height * MAGIC NOSLEEP NOCHARM NO-WARRIOR NO-THIEF ANTI-BARBARIAN ANTI-TROLL ANTI-OGRE * Zone: Faerie Realms (Q) * Last ID: 5-23-07'

Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:53 am

a cloak of the Fay

This quest upgrades original cloak by giving it slow-poison and 6maxdex, but losing 9str. The quest is hard (details provided if needed), many rares, some hard to get items, and you also give up some very good items as well.

I think it needs a little loving. All that for a POSSIBLE 1hit or POSSIBLE better skill rolls(?) doesn't justify the end result or items/time spent. Maybe an extra damage or some good proc?
Last edited by Adriorn Darkcloak on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:59 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Setbit ... all players .. to grey elf

2nd !!!!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:01 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:a cloak of the Fay

This quest upgrades original cloak by giving it slow-poison and 6maxdex, but losing 9str. The quest is hard (details provided if needed), many rares, some hard to get items, and you also give up some very good items as well.

I think it needs a little loving. All that for a POSSIBLE 1hit or POSSIBLE better skill rolls(?) doesn't justify the end result or items/time spent.

ppl have complained about both Fay and Faeriekind. I'd love to have seen a proc or something. I was quite disappointed when I saw both of them in full. The new zones that are being put in are relatively as spiffy eq w/o the 3+ months it takes to assemble necessity for Fay/Faeriekind.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Dug.. could you mabye re-ansi the eq in GF?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:47 am

Edge of a Small Stream (Water)
Room size: Mid-sized (L:5 ft W:42 ft H:500 ft)
Exits: -N -S
Corpse of the furry rabbit is lying here.

Make this room not a 1-way. It's on the path from faang to VT

Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:35 am

Was there a reason cloak of the faeriekind got totaly ruined and downgraded... every request posted was to upgrade it.

the -height was totaly removed, this was the whole reason I quested it, for a grey elf chanter so reduced with cloak im REALLY short basicly unbashable. now without the hieght even spell reduced im bashable by certain races...

Why the downgrade =(
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:30 pm

Remove 2 of the tendrils from the 5 tendril fight in SPOB. Stupid fight that takes way too long and makes the zone longer than it should be.
Inames
Sojourner

Postby Inames » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:18 am

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Remove 2 of the tendrils from the 5 tendril fight in SPOB. Stupid fight that takes way too long and makes the zone longer than it should be.

that was done a long time ago
EDIT: err well 1 of the tendrils was removed

Dalar wrote:Change the wooden amulet of the ancient tree guardian to 3 spell focus nature rather than 5 maxwis

making requests to add spell focus to the game is all well and good, but dont request the removal of max_stats, amulet of the ancient tree guardian was made as an all-around priest item not a druid specific, youd be screwing over clerics and shamans that use this (and theres alot of them) with a switch like that.. as it is im not too happy with the orb of air having been changed to spellfocus healing, because now ive lost 4 maxwis from my priest gear, if it werent for the fact i recently obtained a quested divinity i would have lost my wis notch

To Dugmaren: i understand your want to make the general population happy but agreeing to change an all around priest item like the orb of air to a cleric targeted item was uncalled for.. of course druid and shaman can still use it, but what is maybe 1-2 more hp on a heal compared to reducing the time it takes to mem that heal? that may have seemed like a decent change but it was an un-needed downgrade in my oppinion
[Dru 50] Inames (Grey Elf)
[Rog 50] Ishiras (Grey Elf)
[Enc 50] Aremat (Grey Elf)
[War 50] Amori (Grey Elf)
[Ran 50] Aninen (Grey Elf)
[Ele 50] Itanul (Grey Elf)
[Inv 50] Aleadis (Grey Elf)
[Bar 50] Ashire (Grey Elf)
[Cle 50] Isila (Grey Elf)
My Deviant Art Page
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:02 am

Inames wrote:
Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Remove 2 of the tendrils from the 5 tendril fight in SPOB. Stupid fight that takes way too long and makes the zone longer than it should be.

Yeah, I was asking for 2 to go. That fight is moronic.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:56 am

Inames wrote:

Dalar wrote:Change the wooden amulet of the ancient tree guardian to 3 spell focus nature rather than 5 maxwis

making requests to add spell focus to the game is all well and good, but dont request the removal of max_stats, amulet of the ancient tree guardian was made as an all-around priest item not a druid specific, youd be screwing over clerics and shamans that use this (and theres alot of them) with a switch like that.. as it is im not too happy with the orb of air having been changed to spellfocus healing, because now ive lost 4 maxwis from my priest gear, if it werent for the fact i recently obtained a quested divinity i would have lost my wis notch

It's called amulet of the ancient tree guardian. Since when do shamans/clerics care that much about trees? This item makes token to thrym and githzerai pretty much worthless and all you have to do is kill 7 easy trees.

Inames wrote:To Dugmaren: i understand your want to make the general population happy but agreeing to change an all around priest item like the orb of air to a cleric targeted item was uncalled for.. of course druid and shaman can still use it, but what is maybe 1-2 more hp on a heal compared to reducing the time it takes to mem that heal? that may have seemed like a decent change but it was an un-needed downgrade in my oppinion

1. Spellfocus nature is +damage to spells
2. 1-2 more hp per item, x20 = alot of extra healing.
3. 5maxwis reduces your mem time by ~1/2 second per spell, 0.25 sec if meditated i assume. 5% spell focus does an extra 5% to your spells. So a 500 damage spell will deal an extra 25 damage. Keep adding that up and tell me what you want in the end.
4. Also, on !flee fights, tell me which one is better.
5. List all the alternative items you can get in wield/held slots with maxwis.

amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Help shaman:
Shaman are the "holy" men and women of the barbaric or savage cultures,
and they serve as guides and protectors of these clans or tribes.
They can call upon their Gods (clerical spellcast) as well as the Weave
(magical spellcast), but the main source of their power comes from Nature
herself.
Shaman can summon spirits and creatures from the Outerplanes to do
their bidding.

Shaman's care about trees.

My recomendation would be to make a quested version of it with spell focus could be as simple of giving the amulet to finn and he gives it back with spell focus. But for the most part this item is used by ALL priest classes, why screw over the other 2 classes.

Im all for changes, but why change up items that have become a standard for more than one class, instead maybe make reccommendations to change up the items that arent used as much trying to make them a little more usable, or something that is already more friendly to the class, i.e. staff of twisted wood.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Wielded:
the holy scepter of Grolantor * 4D4 22hp 4maxwis * (evil only)
an ancient staff of divinity 1 * 4D3 27hp 5maxwis *
a staff of living oak * 1D8 25hp 5maxwis *
a blessed scimitar etched with elvish runes * 4D4 4dam 5maxwis * (druid the only class with 1h slashing)
a twisted staff of sacred wood * 8D3 20hp 4maxwis * (druid only)

an unholy water sprinkler * 3D5 25hp 3maxwis *
a holy water sprinkler * 3D5 25hp 3maxwis *
a morning-star enshrouded in crimson flames * 2D6 3dam 2maxwis (cleric only)
an ancient staff of divinity 2 * 2D4 25hp 3maxwis

Held
chalice of the elven gods * 30hp 4maxwis PR-GAS *

shield
a silver shield etched with elvish runes * ac15 21hp 1maxwis * 5 lbs * (neutral only)
a large shield emblazoned with a silver dragon crest * ac15 20hp 5maxwis PR-EVIL

Add on FK shield and a couple noob items from SM and this is your list of held/wield/shields that are maxwis.

When i look at this i see some items that if given a little tweak would work well for the SF-nature and would allow more options when dressing druids, at the same time not taking away from the other classes.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:24 pm

fur lined eel skin boots (magic)

please change to

a pair of fur lined eel skin boots (magic)
or
a sexy pair of..
stuff.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:30 pm

The rareload mob that has glimmering chainmail is a joke. He should be higher level/more hps.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:32 pm

a sabretooth mask

It's the FINAL reward for a series of quests. The item(s) before it are nice, this final reward is not. My suggestion is to give it one more hitroll.

Thanks.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:05 am

A glittering robe of the astral traveler upgrade quest.

This robe can be upgraded, and all the upgrade does is give it 300lbs more it can hold. The stats on it don't change. You need several rareloads to load IN IZANS. Can we contemplate upgrading the robe a little? Thanks.
Last edited by Adriorn Darkcloak on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:45 am

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:The rareload mob that has glimmering chainmail is a joke. He should be higher level/more hps.

yeah gotta agree this is the only hard part to getting one of the best hitter leggings in the game, pls make him pack a little punch
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:11 am

Suggestion: remove the +2hit on a flaming staff of the magi and make it +2maxint instead.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:42 am

Suggestion: Change ring of darkness to 2 dam 30 hp or 3 dam 20 hp. Either way it might be something that people wear again, vs a fight that is just done to quest other stuff. Its not an easy fight, nor is it the most difficult, but it got nerfed from 2 dam 40 hp in its early days, so i think either suggestion is a great comprimise.

Suggestion: have all shopkeepers in silverymoon, or shopkeepers in general offer whatever you misakenly handed them as a quest item be purchaseable back from them. Currently this works for a large number of items, but some still don't seem to appear.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:24 am

a sturdy doeskin quiver - make it ac5 and eliminate the rest. The rares involved are horrendous.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:27 am

a necklace of glittering shells - can the transient flag be removed please?
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:40 pm

Considering myself done on all above requests.

Dug
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Name 'a loop of crimson crystal'

It's pretty terrible given it's quested with proc'g rares n such. Restrictions suck too!
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:27 pm

nm.
Last edited by kanenan on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stuff.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:15 pm

Thilindel wrote:Name 'a loop of crimson crystal'

It's pretty terrible given it's quested with proc'g rares n such. Restrictions suck too!

Nah, it ain't that hard to quest Thil. Plus it comes with a robe or something too. The restrics, however, I agree.
Merrick
Sojourner

Postby Merrick » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:01 pm

gee... enough about spell focus healing/nature what about spell focus necromancy? there's only one item in the game that currently does that... but anyways would be nice if ya don't put too many spell focus items into the game then it's actually cool when you find one.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:27 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:
Thilindel wrote:Name 'a loop of crimson crystal'

Nah, it ain't that hard to quest Thil. Plus it comes with a robe or something too. The restrics, however, I agree.

I was thinking of other earrings that are actually used in the game, not rareload/quested, and don't have restrictions. I've never seen anybody actually use these earrings.
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:06 am

You feel informed:
Name 'a glittering elven scimitar'
Keyword 'glittering elven scimitar', Item type: WEAPON
Item can be worn on: WIELD
Item will give you following abilities: NOBITS
Item is: MAGIC NODROP BLESS ANTI-EVIL FLOAT NOBURN NOLOCATE NOSLEEP NO-CLERIC NO-THIEF NO-MAGE ANTI-HUMAN ANTI-DWARF ANTI-HALFLING ANTI-GNOME ANTI-BARBARIAN ANTI-DUERGAR ANTI-DROWELF ANTI-TROLL ANTI-OGRE ANTI-ILLITHID ANTI-YUANTI ANTI-LICH
Weight: 14, Value: 100000
Damage Dice is '3D4'
Can affect you as :
Affects : HITROLL by 4
Affects : DAMROLL by 3
Special Effects : Blur
Special Restricts: Ranger Only

Nothing seems to happen.

Anything with this much work gone into the restricts should blow way way WAY less than it does.

-weight?
-dice?
-proc ratio?
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:48 pm

The one thing I've always said Windsong should get changed is its weight. It needs to be able to be dual-wielded. It's a frigging scimitar. The stats on it aren't bad in relation to the quest difficulty, but not being able to dual it blows.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Totally agree with decreasing the weight. Most 2h weapons aren't that heavy. As far as the dice go, don't even get me started as to why daggers have equivalent dice to most swords, not to mention a great deal of 2h weapons. As to not hijack the thread, i'll leave it at that. Please decrease the weight on the nancing weapon windsong. As far as proc frequency, it doesn't seem to be nearly as frequent as even the ashstone/bloodstone swords, but, if made dual-wieldable then it would effectively increase the proc rate by like what, 33% at least?

Del
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Right Del. Leave the rate as it is, just make it dualable.
spunionring
Sojourner

Postby spunionring » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:20 pm

Please remove the HELD flag from izan's dark amethyst
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:13 am

spunionring wrote:Please remove the HELD flag from izan's dark amethyst

Adding Curse to this could be sweet, then you would be able to "put all bag"
without tossing it into your bag and losing all your saved psp.
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'
spunionring
Sojourner

Postby spunionring » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:26 am

Ardessa Moonblade wrote:
spunionring wrote:Please remove the HELD flag from izan's dark amethyst

Adding Curse to this could be sweet, then you would be able to "put all bag"
without tossing it into your bag and losing all your saved psp.

yes, cursing psp crystals IS sweet :) highly recommended you get someone to curse yours. dunno if they should come cursed default tho.... hrmm
spunionring
Sojourner

Postby spunionring » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:13 pm

make saks heart 2h ;)
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Adding keyword 'congealed' to congealed blood earring would be pretty cool. As it is I frequently pull out other bloody things and earrings when looking for em :(
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:37 am

Withdrawn based upon waiting for enchantment upgrades/changes before i continue my rant

Del
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Considering myself done on all above requests.

Dug
Desirsar
Sojourner

Postby Desirsar » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Uncreative reply - give a reason for characters at a given zone's intended level (under 40, plenty of high end stuff) to go there, while giving a disincentive for characters above that level to go there. (Something better than the old man at Split Shield, heh.) I have no idea how to implement any idea I have for it without massive coding work, so I leave that part blank...
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:15 pm

Thanks Dug.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:13 am

Desirsar wrote:Uncreative reply - give a reason for characters at a given zone's intended level (under 40, plenty of high end stuff) to go there, while giving a disincentive for characters above that level to go there. (Something better than the old man at Split Shield, heh.) I have no idea how to implement any idea I have for it without massive coding work, so I leave that part blank...

Really man? Dug fixes all the bugs we ask for and you come back with, "I'm unimpressed, oh and a bunch of other stuff needs to be fixed, I have no idea how to but why the hell isn't it?" Can you be any more ungrateful?
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”