Jot branches

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Thrand
Sojourner

Jot branches

Postby Thrand » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:53 am

I would like to revisit the presence of the branches at the entrance to jot/musp.
If i recall correctly they were installed so admins would not have to be bothered
with a few people running to jot and trying to find invasion and claiming it before
a 15 man group could be formed to actually do it. There was always a dispute as
to who was there 1st and had a large enuf group to actually do invasion or for that
matter do regular jot without having to force out a small group from doing rares. This
is so far from the reality we now have as to be the stuff of legend.

Since jot invasion is now seen as a a total time sink and avoided by all, and even if it was
fixed the devices make it unlikely that a small group would wander around in invasion,
please remove the branches.
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Re: Jot branches

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:05 am

I don't see this getting approved, because content created to enhance
the MUD generally stays. It's nice that the Tree is relevant, and not just
a few rooms that you run through to get to the actual zone. I feel that
lessening the difficulty is generally a bad idea now, as most players are
much more powerful.
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:59 pm

Um isn't Lopi a rogue?

Grab an enchanter or elementalist and have at it

Sorry don't have your formatting prowess but even I the person who never (cant) plays remembers that!

(I still love you Ross, that was always so much fun in jot / muspel just me n you)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Wherein i agree the initial purpose of the branches were to keep invasion from being claimed, i believe you are wrong that they no longer serve a purpose. I believe their current purpose is to keep an individual person from going around and scoping out the rares of jot and muspel. Yes, due to sneak/hide and the insane damage characters do in comparison to days of old, it seems trivial to keep them there, but i think they add to the value of those rares by adding to the difficulty of finding and thus aquiring them. I think the proprosed change should be to alter jot invasion so its not so painstakingly long for mediocre rewards.

BTW, changing it so that all the grid mobs came to the aid of the king was a neat addition in theory, but in practice it makes the entire zone sllooooowwwww to a crawl. I know the purpose of this was to thwart the practice of making a B-line for the gates and stomping the snot out of the king for the big pile of treasure, but isn't that what a wise group of adventurers would do? I think adding a quest mob looking for !rent hidden heads on the corpse of all the invading opponents for a chunk of the invasion horde would be a much more reasonable and effective alternative. Additionally, a random proc could be added to king fight to randomly bring in beards or elites at a low % (similar to what balor/barbazu/succubi do) to assist in smooshing the invaders.

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”