Jot Invasion

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Naled
Sojourner

Jot Invasion

Postby Naled » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:19 pm

In its current state Jot Invasion isn't done. Main reason is the risk/reward ratio is totally out of whack. Last time I did it (which has been quite a while ago) it took well over 6 hours. Most of the time was spent clearing the grid, which is felt rather pointless. Personally I think the rewards are fine, the zone just take way too long. 2-3 hours would seem like a better range to me.

To get there the amount of grid mobs should be reduced halved at least, same for the fights in the uthgard probably

Since it's been a while that I've done Jot invasion myself: what should be done to Jot Invasion to make sure it gets done again? I really love the zone, and it's a shame it's never done when invaded.
Naled/Menliros

Fight my Brute!
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Re: Jot Invasion

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:24 pm

And it ALWAYS was done when invasion loaded before. But currently it's better to do Tiamat than spend the time doing jot invasion. Reduce the time required to 3hrs by whatever means you think appropriate.
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:36 am

yeah this zone needs to be fixed for TvR, running a group through grid was the most fun i've ever had as an illusionist in the mud. keeping 2 beards spooked at once while waiting for a silence and keeping displaces up on people.. it really keeps you busy.
please look into it!
Thilindel on Irony: Glibble GCC: 'stupid assed whiners'
Ardessa Moonblade
Sojourner

Postby Ardessa Moonblade » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:09 am

This would be a great zone to balance out. I can remember back in '97 being in a full group of 15 racing another group of 15 to be first to the waterfall so we could do Palace. We lost out and had to settle for Glammad instead. But this was when you could clear the zone in 4 hours or so.

The only other time I've ever gone was recently, and we spent 2 hours clearing the lower grid of beards and such. Was extremely tedious and too much killing for too little reward. I logged off because I had to work, but I hear the group was there until 3 in the morning or some such.
The equipment currently is not on par for a 6-8 hour zone (i.e. Tia). Instead of trying to improve the equipment, just lessen the amount of mobs so it's 3-4 zone on par w/ BC or Magma.

Thanks so much!
Dugmaren GCC: 'My goal as an areas staff member is to introduce you all to the great zone I call "outside”

Shevarash GCC: 'Funny - sometimes we do stuff like that. Add in some neat thing like weight-dependant stun, and THEN DON'T TELL ANYONE FOR A DECADE.'

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”