Rares shouldn't be lower than 5%

For discussion of all area related issues - stats, new zones, quest issues, etc.
Dalar
Sojourner

Rares shouldn't be lower than 5%

Postby Dalar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Discuss
Kegor
Sojourner

Re: Rares shouldn't be lower than 5%

Postby Kegor » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:46 pm

In the case of quest related rares I would agree. I would even go as far to say that they shouldn't be below 15% or 20%.

But if its for spanky eq that is not used for quests, like Ymir used to have 12 years ago for example, or studded diamond ring in avernus, then I think it adds random chance encounters and makes the zone much more enjoyable and more appealing to visit. Think of how Jot and used to be when the items were still very nice.

I think random chance encounters are what the main concept of low load rate rares were all about from the beggining, but somehow escalated into the madness that is some existiing quests today to raise the difficulty. I don't have the playtime for that kind of thing and simply just don't do quests involving rareload mobs (no matter the percentage) anymore at all, but thats just me.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: Rares shouldn't be lower than 5%

Postby Thilindel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:37 pm

low load rate + mud's tenancy to crash -especially when Spob was big- = 'oh look at the time, I really must go!'

Return to “T2 Areas Discussion Archive”