Toril Upgrade - Phase 1 - Leveling Up!

News and information on updates to the game.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Toril Upgrade - Phase 1 - Leveling Up!

Postby Dugmaren » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:59 am

This is the first of several phases we have planned. The goal of Phase 1 is to make it easier to move from level 1 through 40 or so. Many accepted values are in the process of being changed now and it will require some tweaking to get the kinks out. Comments are welcome as always.

1. Natural healing while out of combat has been significantly improved.
2. Bandage has expanded to both heal much more, and heal you up to 50% of your maximum health.
3. Minor healing spells (cure light, cure serious, cure critic) have been improved.
4. Ultravision should be much more user friendly now - as long as you have infravision as well it acts more like human site in the dark.
5. Many zones have had their base experience increased (kill anything in the zone), and several have been made a little more user friendly to promote lower level groups, and smaller groups.
6. Trophy has been turned back on to promote exploring more then 2-3 standard exp zones.
7. Three New Race / Class combinations have been introduced to invite people to try these changes out: Half-Elf Warrior, Drow Illusionist, and Dwarf Elementalist.

Dugmaren
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Re: Toril Upgrade - Phase 1 - Leveling Up!

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:11 pm

More dwarf Druids pls!!!!
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Great work Dugmaren and team!
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Leveling up the trophy seems to deter exp more then make you explore.

as a new player they wont know more then 2 or 3 exp places, and within a few kills of each mob there they are on trophy. At low lvls mobs show on trophy alot more quickly then at higher lvls. Give them time to explore before slowing down the exp with trophy.

Suggest maybe turning on trophy at 25. You have a bit of experience now understand mechanics and can explore fairly safely for you to find a new experience place.

I love the bandage changes, whoever thought of that one... hi5!

of the 3 new class/race choices 2 of them, while they make sense, are basicly useless and no ones even levling those options. The drow illusionist is an ok option not optimal, and I feel that if you give it to 1 side elf the good side elf should have that option too.

Rather see some useful race/class combos or completly new races. Evils really need a small size caster race with the new size codes.

Thanks for the progress, I know its alot of work and we do appreciate it.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Malia wrote:of the 3 new class/race choices 2 of them, while they make sense, are basicly useless and no ones even levling those options. The drow illusionist is an ok option not optimal, and I feel that if you give it to 1 side elf the good side elf should have that option too.

While I'd love to play an elf illus... isn't illusionist shadow magic, drawn from the shadow realm, a kind of "dark side" which elves would tend to shun?
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]

Return to “T2 Game Updates Archive”