parole for a rapist

Minimum moderation and heated debates.
kiryan
Sojourner

parole for a rapist

Postby kiryan » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:37 pm

I don't know what to think about this. Warden has a prisoner who has been paroled and has a date and time to release him. DA is all bent out of shape because the warden wouldn't hold him a few more hours so he could get a judicial stay of the parole. So the DA has him followed home (presumably so when they get the stay / probation revoked they can pick him up immediately and he can't disappear). But apparently this retard's conditions of parole include not being in a car with a female, since his GF picks him up they pull him over and take him to jail for parole violation.

I think the DA has very valid concerns. He was convicted for raping 2 girls in one incident, but there were 1st hand reports he had raped 2 others with a similar MO (statue of limitations passed so he wasn't prosecuted). He had been paroled once before (DA hadn't known) for disabling his GPS tracking device... Child molesters have a very high recidivism rate in general.

Is the DA's special attention to this guy warranted or is it harrassment? Usually I think when a public official goes out of their way to enforce the law for you its harrassment. but in this case, I'm conflicted, he obviously has shown he doesn't respect the authority of the court/law by disabling his GPS before and ignoring his parole conditions... Its hard to accidently or make a mistake or have a crime of opportunity and rape 2 girls, twice. Course I don't know how legitimate his excuse was for disabling the GPS or whether the unprosecuted claim was substantiated... but if we take everything at face value, then the DA went above and beyond to protect the public and the warden is a complete asshat for just doing his job.

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/ca ... latestnews
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: parole for a rapist

Postby Dalar » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:26 pm

This DA should teach a class to all the DAs. Defintely not harassment. He broke parole. Doesn't he have any guy friends?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:33 pm

It's harassment, but in this particular individual case, I don't think a jury of peers is going to care.
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Teflor Lyorian wrote:It's harassment, but in this particular individual case, I don't think a jury of peers is going to care.

A jury of rapists who continually attempt to break parole?
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Pril wrote:
Teflor Lyorian wrote:It's harassment, but in this particular individual case, I don't think a jury of peers is going to care.

A jury of rapists who continually attempt to break parole?

The are the ones that are dumb enough not to get out of jury duty. We'll see, I guess.
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)

Return to “Current Events & Politics”