Not even the Reagans like Sarah Palin

Minimum moderation and heated debates.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Not even the Reagans like Sarah Palin

Postby Ragorn » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:56 pm

- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
kiryan
Sojourner

Re: Not even the Reagans like Sarah Palin

Postby kiryan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Which usurper was liked by the establishment? I don't remember the Clinton's bending over backwards to support Obama. Matter of fact, it go pretty dicey there with thinks Bill was saying during the election and I remember a few articles about how Clinton era folks were scrutinized extra closely before being allowed to join the Obama administration.

And to finish this off, off course she's a soap opera. Look at how the media covers her. They're biting at the chomp so bad Rachel Maddow less than a week ago "reported" false information about her and here is another media outlet caught just running whatever Sarah Palin story sounds the most crazy with no regard to truth and apparently journalism standards.

http://www.gossipcop.com/sarah-palin-ch ... deporting/

so yea, when you're making up shit about someone constantly, and focusing on her looks... of course her life looks like a soap opera.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:13 pm

kiryan wrote:Which usurper was liked by the establishment? I don't remember the Clinton's bending over backwards to support Obama. Matter of fact, it go pretty dicey there with thinks Bill was saying during the election and I remember a few articles about how Clinton era folks were scrutinized extra closely before being allowed to join the Obama administration.

And to finish this off, off course she's a soap opera. Look at how the media covers her. They're biting at the chomp so bad Rachel Maddow less than a week ago "reported" false information about her and here is another media outlet caught just running whatever Sarah Palin story sounds the most crazy with no regard to truth and apparently journalism standards.

http://www.gossipcop.com/sarah-palin-ch ... deporting/

so yea, when you're making up shit about someone constantly, and focusing on her looks... of course her life looks like a soap opera.

The context was totally different; The Clintons were running against Obama; however, the Reagans aren't running against Palin.

And I don't think the Media has much to do about Palin being a soap opera. She gravitates towards polarizing issues and presents herself on an extreme side in virtually every one. Also, I think the link Ragorn posted to the John Stewart show the other day presents Palin in an unfortunately honest light -- which is the main reason people hate her. She is not good for this country.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:35 pm

Can you all give it a rest already? No one here particularly cares about Palin other than the liberals that want to discredit her with a dribbling pile of stupid. The only reason any of us respond is because of the dribbling pile of stupid, and not the TV reality show star.
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:39 pm

I like Sarah Palin. In general, I like her positions and agree with her.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:41 pm

kiryan wrote:I like Sarah Palin. In general, I like her positions and agree with her.

So, basically, you don't care if the Reagans think she's a showboat?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:04 pm

I don't base my like or dislike on what people I like think, why the hell would I care what the kids of Reagan think?

Rand Paul is the closest I come to respecting someone based on their parentage... and even that I view with the suspicion of just riding the coattails.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Guess I'm just compalining then. (ha)
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:47 pm

Sarah Palin is our best-case scenario. We really hope you guys run her in 2012. She's like a cult leader, she has a very small organization of frenzied followers, but most people on the planet think she's retarded. She won't win a presidential election in a hundred million years, and she's hilarious when she goes on TV and says things like "Sputnik bankrupted the Sovient Union."

She's basically the result of a twisted union between Dan Quayle and Snooki.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Ragorn wrote:Sarah Palin is our best-case scenario. We really hope you guys run her in 2012. She's like a cult leader, she has a very small organization of frenzied followers, but most people on the planet think she's retarded. She won't win a presidential election in a hundred million years, and she's hilarious when she goes on TV and says things like "Sputnik bankrupted the Sovient Union."

She's basically the result of a twisted union between Dan Quayle and Snooki.

I really hope the Republicans don't nominate Sarah Palin, but don't confuse this hope for something it is not: the truth is, I hope that the Republicans HAVE a better candidate - without implying anything else.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Palin doesn't seem to be a viable candidate. That is a fair statement. I almost wish she would run, but I don't think we can afford 4 more years of Obama... although it might be losing the battle to win the war because after 8 years of Obama's destruction I think we'd have a real chance at a GOP version of 2008. Imagine the damage we could do with 60 senate votes.

Please explain the difference between her and Al Gore's cultish frenzied followers?

Why did the soviet union collapse? economics. Sputnik by itself didn't bankrupt the soviet union, but it did cost them a lot of money for basically bragging rights.

Thing is liberals hate smart conservative women and their hate + collusion with the media did a damn good job of defining Palin in the McCain campaign. She could have great ideas but no one would listen to her because of how the the media cast her.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:01 pm

kiryan wrote: Imagine the damage we could do with 60 senate votes.

All to accurate a statement...

Please explain the difference between her and Al Gore's cultish frenzied followers?

Huh? Al Gore has followers?

Thing is liberals hate smart conservative women and their hate + collusion with the media did a damn good job of defining Palin in the McCain campaign. She could have great ideas but no one would listen to her because of how the the media cast her.

Sarah Palin is smart?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:28 pm

Newt Gingrich was demonized more or less the same way 15 years ago as Sarah Palin is now. Now he is running for president and there is not nearly the same sort of vitriol being spewed towards him. Palin is actually a very intriguing politician. Her values do resonate with a good part of the country. She needs to build up her qualifications so that she can't be further attacked on that basis. She should angle for a cabinet secretary position in a Republican administration with the goal of running for president in 15 years or so. A little bit of time away from the spotlight, while building her credentials, would go a long way for her.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Corth wrote:Newt Gingrich was demonized more or less the same way 15 years ago as Sarah Palin is now. Now he is running for president and there is not nearly the same sort of vitriol being spewed towards him. Palin is actually a very intriguing politician. Her values do resonate with a good part of the country. She needs to build up her qualifications so that she can't be further attacked on that basis. She should angle for a cabinet secretary position in a Republican administration with the goal of running for president in 15 years or so. A little bit of time away from the spotlight, while building her credentials, would go a long way for her.

Or she could do a reality show and further cement the perception of her as a caricature...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:39 am

Ragorn wrote:She's basically the result of a twisted union between Dan Quayle and Snooki.

Jeebus, where's the "like" button when you need it???!?
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Sarvis wrote:Sarah Palin is smart?

Not to be insulting, but she's a lot smarter than you are - and she took it to the bank.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Corth wrote:Newt Gingrich was demonized more or less the same way 15 years ago as Sarah Palin is now. Now he is running for president and there is not nearly the same sort of vitriol being spewed towards him. Palin is actually a very intriguing politician. Her values do resonate with a good part of the country. She needs to build up her qualifications so that she can't be further attacked on that basis. She should angle for a cabinet secretary position in a Republican administration with the goal of running for president in 15 years or so. A little bit of time away from the spotlight, while building her credentials, would go a long way for her.

Newt Gingrich was demonized when he was involved in the Contract for America, but he's a politican who has built himself a long and respectable career. I don't agree with most of what Newt says, but he's one of the conservatives that I at least respect.

Sarah Palin resonates with a certain part of the country in a crucial, but ultimately unelectable way. Her presence in the Republican party is the embodiment of emotion... she's the lightning rod for all those conservatives who feel victimized or marginalized. She's an icon for the Midwest mom who loves Jesus and her family and doesn't really have time to consider how the world works outside of Cow's Elbow, Wyoming. Palin talks in sound bites, little snippits of semi-truthy politics that really strike a chord with the willfully ignorant. Sarah Palin is the perfect candidate for 3% of the electorate. We call these people "Palin-Americans," because they're the ones who fall in line when they hear patently ridiculous claims like "Barack Obama is waging a war on dessert" or "Sputnik bankrupted the Soviet Union." They like the sound of sound bites like these, and they don't know or care enough to think too hard about them.

Palin is ultimately not electable as President, and I imagine the RNC is smart enough to know that. That's not her purpose, though. I don't think anyone in the Republican camp really believes that Sarah Palin will see the 2012 primary process through to fruition. I believe her strategy is simply to galvanize the support of the Palin-Americans, then transfer their support to whichever Republican the RNC feels has a shot at the office next year. My bet is, you'll see Palin enter the primaries, go on TV and say some headdesk-inducing things that only serve to enamour her more to her base... then she'll drop out before the Ohio primary and hold a press conferencing supporting Gringrich or Huckabee or whoever the frontrunner happens to be.

She's a figurehead for a small minority, and her job is to make sure that her minority stays loyal to the Republican party ticket. Nothing more, nothing less.
- Ragorn
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Your analysis is wanting.

First, small group of Americans huh?

--The most striking number from the Washington Post poll was that only 17% of all Americans surveyed said that they held a strongly favorable view of the former Alaska governor

That would be like 60+ million Americans. It took less than 2% to result in regime change in Egypt.

Second, Sarah Palin is an idiot who can only speak in sound bites? She doesn't strike me as a unintelligent person. She may or may not say dumb things, I'm not going to argue that with you, but it sounds like you got your news from SNL rather than actually listening to what she said and honestly evaluating the truth of it.

Third, your casting of her as some sort of super secret deep undercover Republican establishment figure head is one of the stupidest things most intellgectually dishonest and emotionally driven piles of crap I have ever heard you say.

If anything Sarah is trying to pull off a coup and take power for herself or just be a power monger. It was oft complained during the 2008 campaign that Palin had gone "rogue". She backed anti GOP establishment candidates during the 2010 primaries (that probably cost the GOP at least 1 seat). But you think she's secretly planning to just deflect criticism from the establishment candidates and galvanizing support for someone else to win?

Lastly, what in Sarah Palin's history makes you think does anything without the intent of winning? She appears to be a VERY driven and competitive and egotistical person. These sorts of people don't plan to pull out and they don't tend to lend their support without getting something in return.

Seriously Ragorn, that was pathetic.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:29 pm

kiryan wrote: These sorts of people don't plan to pull out

Which certainly explains why she's still the Governor of Alaska.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:39 pm

She left one job for a another job which arguably afforded her more cash, celebrity, power and at least in her mind better prospects for the job she seems to really want POTUS.

How does that indicate that she isn't A) driven B) egotistical.

I seem to remember a certain senator who barely got his senate job and hadn't even learned the ropes before effectively quitting to run for POTUS... but we swept that under the carpet because he just shirked his job instead of actually quitting.

and if you believe her, she said the longer she remained in office, the more Alaska suffered because Democrat activists across the USA were using the Alaska version of the Freedom of Information Act (that she instituted) to bog down and render her government ineffective with hundreds of thousands of requests. She thought Alaska would be better off without her in the helm and she acted on it. Probably wasn't all that altrusitic considering she had a solid plan B.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:02 pm

Follow up to my earlier comments.

Article about how Sarah reacted to a Santorum's suggestion... to an extremely small audience, that Sarah was in it for the money and had too many kids to run for president. She took him to the hole and dunked all over his face on national news.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49394.html

Palin hires a chief of staff... which is usually the first solid indicator that someone will run for president.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... l-adviser/

A not so flattering story about how Todd Palin went ape shit on Joe Miller regarding his "wait and see" approach to endorsing a Sarah Palin candidacy.

http://wonkette.com/425062/todd-palin-a ... -president

Really, can any sane person question whether she is aiming for POTUS? She may be delusional, but she is aiming for an upset and the primary debates are where she'll make it or break it. She's not quitting until she's had a legitimate chance to make her case to the American people unlike the hack job the networks pulled on her in 2008.

Still, I 95% agree with the sentiment she is unelectable... but Obama inspired and won, perhaps Palin's or Ron Paul's message could catch fire. Its a completely different country than it was 2 years ago. Part of succeeding is being at the right place at the right time.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:23 pm

kiryan wrote:Follow up to my earlier comments.

Article about how Sarah reacted to a Santorum's suggestion... to an extremely small audience, that Sarah was in it for the money and had too many kids to run for president. She took him to the hole and dunked all over his face on national news.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49394.html

Yeah, the article quotes her one line, insipid response. "He's a neanderthal! Hahahaha! See what I did there?"

It was her SUPPORTERS that took him to task:

Palin-friendly bloggers and pundits savaged Santorum for the remarks.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/02 ... z1DxFmZnLw

The article all but tells you her power comes from her celebrity status (popularity plus huge megaphone) yet you try to portray that as her being especially savvy or something. She's not. Her crappy retort was probably written by her speechwriter. It was an opportunity for her to look like a strong working mom, and further identify with her base.

Nothing more.

Frankly, it wasn't even a good retort.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:43 pm

That part of my argument was addressing her being viable or being intelligent, I said she's running for president and certainly not going to act as ragorn suggested which was in summary: run plannign to drop out before ohio and the next day endorse someone else.

She believes she can win or at least can if people get to know her better. She's not going to stop until she comes to the conclusion that she can't win because she can't win... not because the liberal media has crucified her. I bet she takes it to the wire betting on herself to pull it out.

I'll holdout the possibility that she'll trade her campaign and endorsement for power. a prominent powerful national role in the GOP establishment or a high level cabinet position that gives her an opportunity to develop her creds.

We'll see, but I'd take bets on her dropping before Ohio even after an early poor showing.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:14 pm

kiryan wrote:Lastly, what in Sarah Palin's history makes you think does anything without the intent of winning? These sorts of people don't plan to pull out and they don't tend to lend their support without getting something in return.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01738.html

I mean, do you post here TRYING to get owned? She quit her political career to start a reality television show.

Also, you're a Palin-American. I expect you to derp hard for her. You're squarely in her target demographic.
- Ragorn
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Are you stuck on stupid?

A reality show could be invaluable if it exposes a narrative of her that more people accept. Her long shot bid requires people to see who she believes is the real her and counters the liberal and the gop establishment narrative of incompetent bimbo.

It could also raise cash to help with a presidential bid or just a good plan C.

FFS, she grew up in a podunk town in the middle of fuking nowhere and went from that to mayor to governor to vice presidential candidate... and you want me to believe that shes a complete moron hasn't the capacity to put 2 and 2 together and a sell out on top of that? She is more capable than the average person, more intelligent than the average person, and while it takes a lot more than that to be president, she certainly isn't "dumb".

You can put our wonders about you're intelligence to rest by responding just one more time. Thank you come again.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:16 pm

kiryan wrote:Are you stuck on stupid?

A reality show could be invaluable if it exposes a narrative of her that more people accept. Her long shot bid requires people to see who she believes is the real her and counters the liberal and the gop establishment narrative of incompetent bimbo.

Unless the show actually shows her as being an incompetent bimbo... maybe I should watch and find out!

FFS, she grew up in a podunk town in the middle of fuking nowhere and went from that to mayor to governor to vice presidential candidate... and you want me to believe that shes a complete moron hasn't the capacity to put 2 and 2 together and a sell out on top of that?

I love when I get to use your own words against you:

"Hmm.. I'm of a similar mind to Teflor. Most of the same rats would end up on top of new piles.

Once you get to a certain level... you can do no wrong. Look at HP's CEO and that female "event planner". He was basically overpaying her to be his personal escort. Got fired for that and circumventing the board and then Oracle created a position just for him and hired him just because he's "great".

ever heard of "failing upwards"? Yea managers who screw up continually promoted to higher positions."
- Kiryan

And let's not forget that her big accomplishment was being Governor of Alaska. It's like being mayor of a mid-sized city. In other words she went from po-dunk mayor to po-dunk governor. Impressive!
Last edited by Sarvis on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:34 pm

kiryan wrote:A reality show could be invaluable if it exposes a narrative of her that more people accept. Her long shot bid requires people to see who she believes is the real her and counters the liberal and the gop establishment narrative of incompetent bimbo.

Honestly, this thread really isn't your best work. Normally you give me something to bite down on, like rampant hypocrisy or outward support of mass murder against the unemployed. I just don't feel like you're carrying this Sarah Palin thread very far. You'll get Sarvis with it, because he chomps on everything you write. But eh... there's so much more potential in a Sarah Palin thread and I just don't feel like you're really delivering.

Really, you can troll better than this. I'm a little bored of this one.

- Ragorn
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Sarvis wrote:
kiryan wrote:Are you stuck on stupid?

Unless the show actually shows her as being an incompetent bimbo... maybe I should watch and find out!

FFS, she grew up in a podunk town in the middle of fuking nowhere and went from that to mayor to governor to vice presidential candidate... and you want me to believe that shes a complete moron hasn't the capacity to put 2 and 2 together and a sell out on top of that?

I love when I get to use your own words against you:

"Hmm.. I'm of a similar mind to Teflor. Most of the same rats would end up on top of new piles.

Once you get to a certain level... you can do no wrong. Look at HP's CEO and that female "event planner". He was basically overpaying her to be his personal escort. Got fired for that and circumventing the board and then Oracle created a position just for him and hired him just because he's "great".

ever heard of "failing upwards"? Yea managers who screw up continually promoted to higher positions."
- Kiryan

And let's not forget that her big accomplishment was being Governor of Alaska. It's like being mayor of a mid-sized city. In other words she went from po-dunk mayor to po-dunk governor. Impressive!

My god you are stupid. The rats we are talking about were the top 0.01% of the finance industry to begin with - already successful people.
Kindi
Sojourner

Postby Kindi » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:10 pm

so it's back to direct, personal insults?
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:11 am

Kindi wrote:so it's back to direct, personal insults?

Sarvis has me ignored, he can't even read what I wrote. Thanks for spamming the forum.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 am

Teflor Lyorian wrote:

Sarvis has me ignored, he can't even read what I wrote. Thanks for spamming the forum.

Maybe that's her penance handed by Dug for attacking me in a previous thread -- or it is her poor attempt at disguised hypocrisy. Regardless, I agree that she is guilty of being annoying.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Kifle wrote:
Teflor Lyorian wrote:

Maybe that's her penance handed by Dug for attacking me in a previous thread -- or it is her poor attempt at disguised hypocrisy. Regardless, I agree that she is guilty of being annoying.

I don't know. There isn't a soul on this forum that isn't guilty of being annoying from time to time. Annoy and be annoyed I say!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Further support of my analysis directly from Palin's lips.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html

Palin, whose rare public appearance was tightly controlled to the media, reiterated her distaste for the national press - and attributed poor poll numbers to the claim that the media "reports things that have really misrepresented my record."

The numbers "are what they are," she said. "How else does the public know me though, than through the press?"

"I look at those poll numbers and I say, if I'm going to do this then obviously I have to get out there," Palin continued. "I can't rely on a liberal leaning press to do that for you. That's why social media is going to be so important."
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:04 pm

kiryan wrote:The numbers "are what they are," she said. "How else does the public know me though, than through the press?"

"I look at those poll numbers and I say, if I'm going to do this then obviously I have to get out there," Palin continued. "I can't rely on a liberal leaning press to do that for you. That's why social media is going to be so important."

Yeah, damn that liberal Fox News, where she's a correspondant and a consultant :) How will the public get to know her, except through her constant media whoring, her daytime talk show, her constant quotation on conservative editorial programming, her reality television show, the speaking tour her daughter his on, and the nearly constant coverage of her every waking action?
- Ragorn
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:07 pm

I don't prefer Palin because I don't think she has very strong communications skills. There's got to be another Ronald Reagan around here somewhere.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm not saying she hasn't made her case to the public and lost. She may be as delusional as Obama is about explaining things better.

However, I am saying your analysis stating that shes just going to roll over before Ohio flies in the face of every indication of who she is. You're prediction is utterly clueless. That is not to say it won't come true, its just not consistent with who she is.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:59 pm

kiryan wrote:I'm not saying she hasn't made her case to the public and lost. She may be as delusional as Obama is about explaining things better.

However, I am saying your analysis stating that shes just going to roll over before Ohio flies in the face of every indication of who she is. You're prediction is utterly clueless. That is not to say it won't come true, its just not consistent with who she is.

She stepped down as the Governor of Alaska to pursue a TV deal. Quitting politics is every bit an indication of who she is.

Also: http://www.theonion.com/articles/embarr ... ing,19248/
- Ragorn
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:24 pm

I didn't read the onion article, I'm sure whatever link you posted is funny, but they made their name in a john daly style of satire. She did claim to step down to pursue a tv deal. She claimed to step down for the good of Alaska (because liberals were making it impossible for her to do her job with millions of investigations and freedom of information requests). I believe she did also make mention of the costs of her legal defense.

So while its not unbelievable and even likely she stepped down partly for lucrative opportuntities... I think few people would say that she has "stepped down" from politics. I saw her stepping down as a means to pursue politics on the national stage... something that she wouldn't be free to do while she still had a day job in Alaska. I think she did it for many reasons including what she thought was best for Alaska and to give us conservatives a voice.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 pm

Actually, she stepped down because her administration's skeletons were being aired out, and she quit before she was forced out. She spent $150,000 of John McCain's money on clothes, I don't think she was hurting for legal defense.
- Ragorn
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

as i understand those clothes were all returned. They were bought for her use, they were not bought for her.

I think I remember hearing over 500k as of like january of 2009 on her legal bills related to trooper gate + all the other fall out from being the vice president nomination. Writing her first book basically paid off the legal bills from all that.

The skeletons in the closet are probably also partially responsible though she would obviously never admit that.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:28 pm

The RNC actually had to dispatch a lawyer to Alaska to attempt to retrieve (some of) the clothes she purchased. She did not return them voluntarily.

As for the legal bills, Palin set up a legal defend fund, which was essentially a public plea for donations. The site still exists at www.sarahpalinlegaldefensefund.org, even though an Alaska ethics panel ruled it illegal.
- Ragorn
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:43 pm

show me where sarah palin said I'm not going to return these clothes they belong to me. I'm pretty sure she promised during the campaign to return the clothes after the election.

I don't know anything about the website. are you trying to say she didn't need any more money to cover her legal bills? What does that have to do with whether or not she's going to run for president and bow out before ohio or the reason why she stepped down?
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:41 pm

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51218.html

Interesting article, Sarah Palin as the Al Sharpton of conservatives...
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:11 pm

I don't understand Sarah Palin as a politician. She is different, even if that's not good.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 am

kiryan wrote:http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51218.html

Interesting article, Sarah Palin as the Al Sharpton of conservatives...

Both are equally jackasses.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:36 pm

This article gives me some hope for a Palin presidency...

http://www.nysun.com/opinion/palin-doct ... her/87263/

The call by the Arab League for Western military intervention in an Arab state — in this case asking that a UN “no-fly zone” be imposed over Libya – is not only without precedent but it puts in formal terms what Governor Palin stated three weeks ago should have been America’s response to the political and humanitarian crisis now unfolding there.
Mrs. Palin laid out how the president’s “war on domestic oil and gas exploration and production has caused us pain at the pump, endangered our already sluggish economic recovery, and threatened our national security.”
The Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin — certainly no knee-jerk advocate for Sarah Palin — wrote just a few weeks ago that Palin turns out to have been correct in the prediction she made to Barbara Walters, in a much-noted November 2009 interview. Palin stated she was opposed to Obama’s opposition to Israel’s settlement policies because “[m]ore and more Jewish people will be flocking to Israel in the days and weeks and months ahead.” Now, as Rubin noted, Israel’s Central Bureau of Statistics confirms that the pace of immigration to Israel rose 14% to 16,633 from the level in 2009, most coming from Russia or America.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:54 am

Turns out that she COULD see Russia from her house. She has the wifis.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:48 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... stays-mum/

Bill Maher calls Sarah Palin a twat. No response from the National Organization of Women. No outrage from any Democrat about civil speech or respect.

+1 for the liberal team. Great job guys.

btw doesn't he know that only women can call other women twats and cunts, its like african people callign each other the n word.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:03 pm

kiryan wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/03/22/maher-calls-sarah-palin-female-vulgarism-stays-mum/

Bill Maher calls Sarah Palin a twat. No response from the National Organization of Women. No outrage from any Democrat about civil speech or respect.

+1 for the liberal team. Great job guys.

btw doesn't he know that only women can call other women twats and cunts, its like african people callign each other the n word.

:roll: Especially this part:

Terry Dougherty, editor of Women magazine, said “[Maher's] choice of words shows an enormous lack of respect for women. If his preceding joke had been about a man, I can't imagine him using an equally derogatory term to describe a male.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... z1HMAizuxc

As if no comedian ever calls any man a dick...

I do notice, however, that Fox didn't actually defend Palin... they are just using it as a platform to bash Teh Libruhl Media. This tells me that Sara Palin is, in fact, a twat.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:24 pm

For a guy who sees hipocrisy as the worst quality of thinking people, I'm surprised you're so dismissive of the hipocrisy of NOW not coming out with a statement about attacks on women. especially since its the 2nd time (alex rodriguez and letterman)

Return to “Current Events & Politics”