you thought the mid terms were a shellacking

Minimum moderation and heated debates.
kiryan
Sojourner

you thought the mid terms were a shellacking

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:33 pm

First lets start out with Rush's association of Obama "winning the future" and Charlie Sheen's tiger blood "winning". Ouch.

but in all seriousness, hopefully Obama can find some "winning the future" in some sort of alternate reality, because in non crazy town only 68 high schools asked him to come speak at commencement. 68, down from over 1,000 the year before. Clearly Obama needs some tiger blood.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html

The competition was extended from the February 25 deadline until Friday, March 11 after few schools met the original application deadline.

== lol they had to extend the deadline

A follow-up memo on February 28 reported receipt of 68 applications. Noting the competition among more than 1,000 schools last year, the memo said, "Something isn't working." It called on staffers to ask "friendly congressional, gubernatorial and mayoral offices" to encourage schools to apply.

== lol and lean our their political connections to artificially inflate that number.

"We do not want the actual application number out there (we didn't release the number of applications we received last year until after the submission period)-so folks should not use it in their pitches."

== bhahahahahahahhaha no shit because you look about as stupid if the number gets out there as you do by trying to keep it from getting out there

Officials were unable to explain the reason for the apparent lack of interest, beyond pointing to possible procrastination by school systems.

== uh huh, If schools procrastinate as a rule, then why are they concerned this year and extending the deadline where they didn't last year? BULLSHIT! and to get even more direct, schools don't know how to meet deadlines? thats hillarious, these guys apply for grants and apply for programs ALL THE TIME. They are very aware of deadlines and every public worker I know knows how to file paperwork on the deadline LOL.

EPIC fail
Ragorn
Sojourner

Re: you thought the mid terms were a shellacking

Postby Ragorn » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over flyover state voters flocking to the Democratic party in the wake of the Wisconsin Massacre.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Hey Kiryan, what's the normal amount of schools who apply to contests for having the President speak at graduation? Is it possible last year was an outlier? Or that there is always more demand during an election year?

Or did you just skip all the critical thinking bits because you thought you had a good slam on Obama?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:38 pm

I briefly thought about trying to find that data. but regardless of whether this is a "return to normalcy" its still a shellacking. 1000 to 68.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:46 pm

kiryan wrote:I briefly thought about trying to find that data. but regardless of whether this is a "return to normalcy" its still a shellacking. 1000 to 68.

Not if it's always 1000 in election years, and always 68 in non-election years.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Also, this is a very curious litmus test for political popularity. I wonder how many requests Dennis Rehberg (R-MT) got? If he only got 3, does that spell doom for the Republican party in Montana?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Ragorn wrote:I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over flyover state voters flocking to the Democratic party in the wake of the Wisconsin Massacre.

Wow - so misguided. Democrat support for the unions is pushing everyone else to the Republicans. Only a hardcore Dem would think that people actually care for the unions these days.

As for the 2012 elections - the Dems will get routed any way you look at it. They have something like 3x as many Senate seats that they need to defend than the Republicans. Couple that with redistricting in light of the 2010 census (which worked out very favorably for Republicans), and there is no chance in hell the Dems can hold the Senate in 2012. You saw it here first.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.

Return to “Current Events & Politics”