can I see your receipt... I had the same issue at Costco

Minimum moderation and heated debates.
kiryan
Sojourner

can I see your receipt... I had the same issue at Costco

Postby kiryan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:05 am

http://consumerist.com/2011/03/calm-man ... ckers.html

I had the same issue at Costco... basically the line was super long and I was already pissed off so I just walked by them. They chased me and I decided to let them check it since my biggest issue was having to wait. I thought about just being a dick, but wasn't feeling oppressed that day!
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Re: can I see your receipt... I had the same issue at Costco

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:43 am

I've skipped the long receipt check line before. The workers hate it, but it's not like Costco can punish them for my not wanting to waste my time on stupid BS.
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:17 pm

I can understand walking out if it's a long line - but the guy in the article was just being a prick.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:29 pm

I was all nice about it until one year I drove to WalMart to do my Christmas shopping in a pouring rain/sleet. My husband (now ex) was with me, along with my kids, since they wanted to play in the playroom and one of us could watch them while the other did the shopping. I checked out with a cartload of toys at one of the registers right next to the door, tucked my coat over them so the kids couldn't see (they were 6 and 7 at the time), met my family at the doors, and my ex headed out into the freezing mess to get the car. At this point I was approached and FORCED after much argument to show a WalMart employee everything that was in my cart. They weren't going to let me leave the store unless I did. They actually pulled my cart out of my hands, pulled my coat out of the cart and did the check right there in front of my kids. If I'd had any time in my schedule to go shopping again before Christmas, I would have returned every item right then.

After that, as far as I'm concerned, they can get bent. Unless it's the sweetest old lady in the world, I just walk past.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Yea that really sucks Ashiwi.

They can't force you as far as I know which is the point of this story.

Return to “Current Events & Politics”