The FAA Sucks Even Worse

Minimum moderation and heated debates.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

The FAA Sucks Even Worse

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:56 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42015889/ns/travel-news/

I don't even know what to say. Unsuck FAA.

"According to the FAA, the airlines completed disabling the oxygen generators in the lavatories of all 6,000 U.S. aircraft on March 4. The FAA said in a statement released Thursday that it delayed informing the public about this action because it was concerned about keeping travelers “as safe and secure as possible.”"
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)
Corth
Sojourner

Re: The FAA Sucks Even Worse

Postby Corth » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:28 pm

What's the problem? Sudden decompression is very rare. Actually being in the lavoratory when this happens is even rarer. If there is a credible security threat which could endanger the lives of all the people on an airplaine then of course it should be removed. If your issue is the delay in informing the public - my thought is that probably they wanted to keep this security lapse quiet until the airlines were in full compliance.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:42 pm

I initially panned the story because ... if a person dies in a lavatory during a flight I could care less, but it does seem a little ridiculous.

I have no idea how big the canister is and how dangerous it could be (I do realize compressed oxygen is very explosive)... I mean we could post armed guards at the emergency door exits because a terrorist may try to open it mid flight... or we could take out the toilet paper roll holder because someone might use it as a weapon... or we could ban peanuts.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:18 pm

The problem was that they changed a safety feature and kept it secret for a week.
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)

Return to “Current Events & Politics”