recalled by 88%, please pass the vaseline

Minimum moderation and heated debates.
kiryan
Sojourner

recalled by 88%, please pass the vaseline

Postby kiryan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:55 am

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... NewsSecond

This GOP mayor got his ass recalled... 88% voted to recall him out of 200k some votes. holy fuk seriously his ass must be raw after being elected in 2008.

Mr. Alvarez easily won re-election in 2008 as mayor of Miami-Dade, the county of 2.5 million residents that includes the city of Miami. But a recall effort gained momentum last fall when he agreed to a budget that raised the county's property taxes while increasing pay to unionized public employees.

== ok 88% of the 200k who bothered to vote out of 2.5 million... maybe not such a bad reaming... inreased pay to unionized employees... I thougt they said this guy was GOP mayor.

"I'm fed up with my taxes being raised—we're all suffering," said Mr. Sanchez, who estimated his property taxes would increase $800 this year to $4,800.

== amid a decline in real estate prices...

ast fall, Mr. Alvarez agreed to increase pay and unfreeze some benefits for unionized public employees. At the same time, he raised property taxes for two-fifths of the county's homeowners, by an average of 13%.

== damn RINOs... seriously, raised taxes and pay of public employees? I mean I can almost forgive the raises for public employees (I assume they really needed it)... but raised property taxes by 13%... Maybe they need to pay attention to what Oregon voters did, straight capped property tax at maximum of 6% i believe.

over the use of public dollars to build a baseball stadium for the Florida Marlins.

== I guess he didn't get the memo, we are in a recession?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Re: recalled by 88%, please pass the vaseline

Postby Ragorn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:09 pm

13% is no joke. Surprised they recalled him by that wide a margin though.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:17 pm

Great example of what people are looking for and not looking for in elected officials these days. An extremely wide margin.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Miami ftw! For once! Yeah btw, he had to go.

Return to “Current Events & Politics”