Minimum moderation and heated debates.
Vigis
Sojourner

Is Anybody Really Surprised?

Postby Vigis » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:46 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03 ... latestnews

Pentagon Overpaid Billionaire Oilman By Up to $200 Million, Audit Finds

Published March 18, 2011 | FoxNews.com

Defense Department's inspector general estimated that the department paid Harry Sargeant III, a Florida businessman and once-prominent Republican donor, "$160 [millions] to $204 million more for fuel than could be supported by price or cost analysis."

The three contracts were awarded under conditions that effectively eliminated other bidders, the study reported.

- I honestly can say I am surprised - that Fox News reported it :)
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Re: Is Anybody Really Surprised?

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:48 am

"no one else could transport the fuel through Jordan"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03 ... z1H0fzirUP

Another democrat that still doesn't understand that bashing bush could only help them for a year or so.
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:04 am

Actually, I'm not a democrat. I'm not a republican either. I actually voted for Bush for his first term.

What does not surprise me at all is that a contributor was given a very lucrative contract. The only difference between political parties is the lie they tell you before they rape you, then the lie they tell you to convince them another chance.

This gent was the only one able to move oil through Jordan because he lobbied using personal connections to make it so. I have nothing against that; I try to convince companies to give mine exclusive rights every day. However, the Pentagon and the Administration did not look into any alternatives for the supply chain; it was stupid, unsurprising, and probably still happening. You cannot seriously tell me that the US, while on a war footing, couldn't have pressured Jordan to allow another company through? What does that say about American superiority?

Get off of the stupid party politics and labels, and get constructive on how to fix the mess that every politician since WWII has put the country into. I love the US and will never give up my citizenship, but every time I read anything about US politics, it makes me seriously consider remaining in Australia.

My politics in a nutshell:
Don't spend what you don't have.
Don't spout off about "free market" if you are going to give your cronies a corner on the market.
Keep the hell out of my home and choices.
Worry about law and let individuals and families worry about morality and their eternal souls; keep the fuck out of it and quit trying to make other people live the way your religion says they should while you troll for trannies, cheat on your wife, or indulge in your fetishes.
Politicians have only one goal and it sure as hell isn't to help the American people; it is to get reelected.
Today's politicians are nothing but pitchmen spouting the line that some special interest is paying them to spout and convincing ignorant fools to buy it whether or not it represents the will of the people. Obama didn't win because he was cool, he won because people actually hoped he could make a change - 2 years in and it is apparent that nothing will change in our government.

I despise all politicians, all stupid decisions (especially my own), and people's inability to look beyond the party line.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:13 pm

Apparently you don't live in Queensland, then.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"

Return to “Current Events & Politics”