Al Shartpon vs Hannity

Minimum moderation and heated debates.
kiryan
Sojourner

Al Shartpon vs Hannity

Postby kiryan » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:50 pm

I caught the hannity vs sharpton debate yesterday on Sharpton's National Action Network.

I was surprised. Sharpton can actually speak without race baiting. It was unfrickin real. They had a healthy debate, Hannity basically repeating / lecturing on the Republican talking points and Sharpton delivering some great zinger rebuttals (great on popular appeal not necessarily substance).

He had a great talking point on job creation... he was like who saved wall street who saved the car companies who saved x y and z. If Obama isn't creating jobs, then we need to figure out who the hell is in the oval office because that guy knows how to create jobs. (I don't agree, but its at least an arguable point).

The closest Sharpton got to race baiting was referring to "his people" and basically talkign about how unemployment did not affect blacks and whites equally. specifically, that his people needed the green jobs that would've been created under the various rail projects that GOP governors were killing.

It occurs to me that Sharpton may suffers from the same bias that Palin experiences. They play up the controversial points to make these characters larger than life and fit a narrative. I was genuinely surprised.
Kifle
Sojourner

Re: Al Shartpon vs Hannity

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:53 pm

Or Sharpton realizes that his racial bias only got him so far last time he attempted to run. He's posturing. Nothing has changed. He's still the racist chariacture of a person he always was.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:01 pm

He may be a racist, but he is apparently capable of intelligent discourse.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Don't underestimate Sharpton. He's a sly bastard - and his motivation is money.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:14 am

Sharpton and Palin. Both making bank off of it all.
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:19 am

Corth wrote:Don't underestimate Sharpton. He's a sly bastard - and his motivation is money.

I would say that power and fame motivate Sharpton much more. Money is simply the tool to get what he wants. It is no mystery that Sharpton is what the republicans blame Obama of being.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:41 am

Kifle wrote:
Corth wrote:Don't underestimate Sharpton. He's a sly bastard - and his motivation is money.

I would say that power and fame motivate Sharpton much more. Money is simply the tool to get what he wants. It is no mystery that Sharpton is what the republicans blame Obama of being.

Which republicans?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Teflor Lyorian wrote:
Kifle wrote:

Which republicans?

The one's which call him racially favoritist. Glenn back is the first one that pops in my head, but there have been quite a few.

Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Eh, there are a few crazy animals in every zoo.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:09 am

A black man gets shot by the cops. Or perhaps, as in the Abner Louima case, gets a broom stick shoved up his ass by cops. Sharpton, the black community organizer, can mobilize faster than anyone. Sharpton and his followers chant, "No Justice - No Peace" as they march down the street the very next morning.

But what happens next gives you a bit of a clue about what Sharpton is all about. The black community organizer refers the victim or the victim's family to a lawyer. A huge civil suit is commenced, usually seeking tens of millions of dollars from the city. The lawyer who gets the case: A funny looking jewish guy named Sanford Rubenstein.

I once heard Sharpton say on Howard Stern's old Channel 9 TV show that he would never even consider dating a white woman. This is THE black civil rights leader of our time. So does he choose one of the myriad of fine black attorneys in NYC to handle the inevitable civil cases? No. When it comes to the big bucks, he goes with what he knows works. The funny looking Jewish guy.

Check out http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/25030/

I think this says quite a bit about Sharpton. Like everyone else you need to judge him more by what he does than by what he says. Money is a very big deal for him.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:00 pm

A real Sergeant for the troops. Ideology is frequently less powerful than idea.

Return to “Current Events & Politics”