Just saying hi

General discussion for all things not MUD-related.
thedarcsage
Sojourner

Just saying hi

Postby thedarcsage » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Just thought I'd say hi!

It's good to see and hear from familiar people. The feels :-P
Crioth Melbenzar
thedarcsage
Sojourner

Re: Just saying hi

Postby thedarcsage » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:42 am

I have to update:

I love helping new players as many veterans have helped me over the years.

Who knows if this person will return to play even a second session, but this person obviously knew the D&D lore - immediately catching my description of a mimic and referencing the negative material plane.
This person admitted to not being around in the Everquest era but found TorilMUD out of nostalgia for D&D.
After some more discussion and reminiscing about D&D, we talked about other things and how we have a Facebook group and used to have local meetups.
Then I brought up the historical significance of TorilMUD. Of course we talked about how this directly played a role in the development of Everquest and the whole explosion of the MMORPG genre to this day.
Thus, TorilMUD can be considered a historical heritage landmark in a sense for MMORPGs and especially for D&D / medieval fantasy types. It should be listed and more known publicly as a key place to visit like that of a historical route for pilgrims or road trips like Triple D.

Have the admin thought of this more? What are the barriers or counter-arguments for advertising TorilMUD more?
The Facebook group is a great way to keep in touch and find updates, but there are quite a bit of people of like D&D nowadays, so there is the opportunity for fresh players!
Crioth Melbenzar

Return to “OOC: General Discussion”