Silence/Ice Tongue/Suffocate over-correction

Gameplay discussion, questions and ideas.
Oggsk
Sojourner

Silence/Ice Tongue/Suffocate over-correction

Postby Oggsk » Mon May 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Since the modification to the Silence effect a few weeks back, the fail rates are exceptionally high. I am seeing success rates of around 15-20% on 50+ mobs.

This feels like it is too much of an over-correction. I will go through 2 racks of IT before 1 will land, and that means I have lost opportunities to do damage to a mob or heal other players (if playing cleric/druid) 8+ times in a battle, which is a significant amount. I understand it was landing too much before, but how about we bring back the overcorrection half-way to where it was, or some value where I am landing the spell oh 40-50% of the time.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: Silence/Ice Tongue/Suffocate over-correction

Postby Shevarash » Tue May 19, 2015 2:01 pm

I hear you.

To be perfectly honest, I can't remember why the powers version of silence person and ice tongue were so much better than the spells versions. Usually, when converting powers I tried to make things as close as possible to the original. In this case, I either tried to make it a little better to compensate for some other missing powers framework feature, or I just straight up typo'd a value.

Silvans corrected it back to be equivalent with the old spell. Maybe what we need to do is meet in the middle. I'll take a look at it in the near future, and any additional feedback on it is welcome.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “GCC: Gameplay Discussion”