Trade XP for restring?

Gameplay discussion, questions and ideas.
Nyyrazzilyss
Sojourner

Trade XP for restring?

Postby Nyyrazzilyss » Fri May 22, 2015 3:05 pm

It was brought up in-game, but a discussion here would probably be appropriate.

With the intended changes to death/corpses, xp (after level 50) is not really going to have much meaning - Granted it didn't anyways.

It has been suggested that a nice option would be the ability to trade 1000% xp after level 50 for a single item restring. This could allow for a much greater degree of character customization, without any impact on the mechanics of the game itself.

I'd also suggest that going with this, xp quest tokens should be changed to not function after level 50.
Teflor Lyorian
Sojourner

Re: Trade XP for restring?

Postby Teflor Lyorian » Sun May 24, 2015 6:44 pm

What a wonderful idea to extend the functionality of the game, I love the idea that there would be a use for xp after the leveling is over.

The only concern I have about this specific idea is that you would gather a sizable collection of re-stringed items strewn across the mud and make things terribly less thematic. I do wonder what the point of having several hundred copies of the same, named weapon in the hands of hundreds of players sometimes does for that thematic integrity, but that's not to say that this isn't a good idea either.
"You see, the devil haunts a hungry man.
If you don’t wanna join him, you got to beat him."
- Kris Kristofferson (To Beat the Devil)
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon May 25, 2015 2:17 am

I think it's an excellent idea, fantastic.

Would let us make more personal customizations, and add to our RP flavor. As long as the restrings are controlled by gods so that no one wants some nonsense, I think it could help motivate the player base, add to originality, and maybe even bring back some oldies. Giving restrings for players with old RP points too for that matter.

Just need a god to set our xp -1000 for each turnin, to make things easier.
Silvanus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Silvanus » Tue May 26, 2015 8:39 pm

I oppose this idea whole heartedly. Hording xp is a monotonous endeavor, and does not nearly warrant something as cool as restrings.
addseo1115
Sojourner

Postby addseo1115 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:58 am

This is look useful.

Return to “GCC: Gameplay Discussion”