Elemental Plane of Magma

Gameplay discussion, questions and ideas.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Elemental Plane of Magma

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:04 pm

I'll post about this again. Magma group just took 4hrs to finish magma. 5 items loaded in total, one of them a meh rare. 15 people spent 4 hrs for 4 items. That's not acceptable any more. Please make more of the items load permanently or at least much more often. I haven't seen magma boots load in a long, long time. And let us not even speak of the frost band.
therealgerad
Sojourner

Re: Elemental Plane of Magma

Postby therealgerad » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:55 pm

I created this zone many years ago. I don't remember much except the only thing relevant here: My item stats were ridiculously nerfed when the zone was implemented and I am guessing that this was used as a baseline through all of the changes.

This zone was intended to be comperable to taking on Tiamat - a huge, long crawl with awesome rewards. Those in power at the time (Shev, Dug, I am looking at you) decided they didn't like how I stat'd things. Regarding this, even though some items were new BIS items they weren't so extremely OP compared to what they were replacing on that list.

I have no stake or say in this anymore whatsoever except for my single suggestion which is the same as it has always been: Magma should have BIS items and the quest items which require you to not kill the wandering grid mobs should provide them. Almost anything you have to trade an item to a quest mob for in that zone should be BIS or comperable.

As stated it still takes many hours to clear and if you don't do it right you aren't getting BIS items anyway. So fix it. I have my original (12+ year old) item stats somewhere if anyone wants them.

I am really close to just outright publishing the zone file so that Toril will either remove it or fix it.

Also please remember that WoW and other 'modern' MMO's didn't exist when I created this zone... I had none of that to go on. I invented the item exchange/class swap quest stuff from scratch and it (and really the whole zone) is a dream of fire from the mind of a 22 year old struggling to learn to code.

Also: "Signed orders from the Sultan" should load in the sultan's room in Brass... they never did. I am not sure if the requirement was removed but it seriously screws the zone up to not have that quest item.

Return to “GCC: Gameplay Discussion”