sends you sprawling.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Valke
Sojourner

sends you sprawling.

Postby Valke » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:19 pm

Tired of getting bashed while reduced, Whats the point of that spell? I realize Yuan-ti are a bit bigger. Fix it please...
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:28 pm

tired of casting reduce/enlarge on people

remove them please
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:42 pm

Daz wrote:tired of casting reduce/enlarge on people

remove them please

Err... Are you serious?! :shock: You get tired of casting a spell that lasts about half an hour? If it really is true, I don't really want to think of your opinion of spells like haste, blur, stone, dragonscales and the like... :? Besides, those spells increases the probability of me being too small for mobs to bash me :D
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:45 pm

It works fine for already small races. Gee, something that small races can benefit from getting removed, there's a new one.

Dwarves, elves, gnomes, halflings... All become !bash to medium sized and large sized mobs while reduced, last I checked. Humans, barbs are still bashable, because they don't get reduced enough.

Quit complaining. You sacrificed some !bash-ness to play the easy races. Or a shaman as the case may be, since they can only be barbs... Maybe we should campaign to allow Grey elf shamen. :)
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:24 pm

Mmmmmmm, elf shaman... ::drool::
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:18 pm

remove them please

Rofl, quit playing an enchanter please daz...for the love of god, if enlarge/reduce is your breaking point, please please quit now. go be a warrior, they can use triggers to be useful.
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:13 am

Ashiwi wrote:Mmmmmmm, elf shaman... ::drool::

*woooot* I agree! After all; that necromancer guild in Leuthilspar has been abandoned far too long :cry: Someone should move in, and if not necromancers and illusionists, who is left? :wink:
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"

--Futurama
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:52 am

Kifle wrote:

remove them please

Rofl, quit playing an enchanter please daz...for the love of god, if enlarge/reduce is your breaking point, please please quit now. go be a warrior, they can use triggers to be useful.

Gods no, the enchanters can keep him. Kwirl is infinitely more useful than a daz.

-Lorgan
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:48 am

What I mean is... The spell seems to work well on alot of classes. Not Yuan-Ti. We as Yuan-Ti have a hard enuff time (ill save that for another post). I would like to see reduce work for Yuan-ti also. :?

The more and more I learn of Yuan-Ti, the less and less I want play them.
Such a pity.. Such a waste...

Grp...... Stumbles....
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:37 pm

Zen wrote:Gods no, the enchanters can keep him. Kwirl is infinitely more useful than a daz.

-Lorgan

OMG maybe you should follow his lead!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:44 pm

For the mobs that bash when you're reduced. Why don't you try enlarge? mebbe they'll bounce.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:19 pm

im trying to level a cleric, since casting 30+ buff spells a fight isn't as fun as i thought it would be (one day i'll have time stop - and you will ALL suffer horrible spam) but after leveling as an enchanter and realizing
the inane pointless boredom of it all, i don't know if my warrior or cleric will ever approach level 40 again, much less eyeball 50.

ress quest? hah, only if i dont figure any of it out myself. there are people who take pride in figuring those things out. im not one of them in this case.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:28 pm

enchanter is definitely a class you must ENJOY playing to be effective ... my chanter doesn't have time stop, but i love the spellups .. often times i have to be told not to globe or haste cause to me its all routine and part of my job, as are group reduces ...

people send me o god im sorry tells when i am asked to fly all, scale all, or whatever .. and i shrug ... i love the class .. i love my character .. i don't mind spellups at all .. if i did.. i'd play warrior (o wait i have one of those too)

i also always thank the group leader for lettin me play telina .. i do love the class so much :)

Edit: keep in mind i also have a resser and a ghealer i love to play too, but man Ogre memtimes pwn me! (quick mem, FEH!)

-------------------
Telina your happy little scaler (wink musi)
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:30 pm

8)

Sometimes Ambar just likes to sit and watch the paint peel.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:54 pm

I love when the leader says Ok quick mem. No such thing for us shaman. :twisted:
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:55 pm

oh, and VETO to elf shaman. Shaman are much too serious a class for those flighty elves!
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:41 pm

Hum... For me the pointless boredom is standing there having triggers that autoassist, autorescue, autobash, circle, backstab and whatnot... (ok I might be exaggerating :P) That is things that make me fall asleep, especially if it is getting late at night/early in the morning. So, what keeps me awake at those times is having to type at the keyboard... However, what annoys me as an enchanter is not doing spelling up, but group leader saying spell up, and then later tells me globe that tank, and scale that tank (as if I don't know they haven't gotten their spells already :twisted:) And not to mention general rudeness while standing around in Waterdeep or some other place I idle :oops:, where some of the people obviously expect me to look at the screen all the time (and not to mention see says), being complete strangers, using commands and orders, not questions, and a type of language not even my RL friends would use in talk to me, and get more or less pissed off when nothing happens. But THAT I know I'm not alone of finding annoying. Some people obviously haven't learned what that gate on the beginning of Black Griffin Road can teach you :P

(Ok, just had to vent the pressure a little before going back trying to figure out these mildly insane accounts. :()

--Futurama
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:53 pm

"You are our eyes and ears and take yer messages very seriously, please write yer opinions, take 'em seriously."

this is why I posted! Im not the only one who feels this way about reduce.
Do something or tell me to go away.

Grp..............................needs love...
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:09 pm

Havent told me to go away yet... I gots bashed by an archer today.
Hey maybe my snake is too fat.... Eats all the time.
REDUCE
REDUCE
REDUCE
REDUCE
REDUCE <---------------------------has a problem..........

The world would be better if there were more Grps...
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:32 am

Reduce is not intended to be the be-all end-all bash protection spell. There is also no "unbashable" weight/height - it's all relative to who is trying to bash you. It's not likely to protect you much from a race of a very similar average size, though it will become more useful as the creatures attempting to bash you get bigger.

I hope that makes sense.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Donuktanam
Sojourner

Postby Donuktanam » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:45 pm

Valke wrote:Havent told me to go away yet... I gots bashed by an archer today.
Hey maybe my snake is too fat.... Eats all the time.
REDUCE
REDUCE
REDUCE
REDUCE
REDUCE <---------------------------has a problem..........

The world would be better if there were more Grps...

okies starting from tomorrow noone is to feed the fat snake!!:)
if u really needa lose weight i have lotsa places for u to run to for me grp!! :P
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:24 pm

I hear humans get a special attack while reduced in Jot, but only while tanking rhemo's. You all should try it.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:50 pm

remove them please

Was I the only one who thought he wanted to remove the people?
Daz wants the mud all to himself.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:21 pm

On a constructive note, I haven't had any bash problems with any race that I don't think should bash me.. I reach around 15 inches, 39 lbs after reduce -- what sizes are you attaining currently?
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:05 pm

Dezzex wrote:On a constructive note, I haven't had any bash problems with any race that I don't think should bash me.. I reach around 15 inches, 39 lbs after reduce -- what sizes are you attaining currently?

Ssirri is just over 20 inches , and weighs 59 lbs when reduced, Normal she is around 212 lbs.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:44 pm

Salen wrote:I hear humans get a special attack while reduced in Jot, but only while tanking rhemo's. You all should try it.

mwahahahahahahaha
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:46 pm

I forgot to mention in my earlier reply that the effectiveness of Reduce/Enlarge is highly dependant on the skill and level of the caster..
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”