Quests.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Valke
Sojourner

Quests.

Postby Valke » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:14 am

Lame. Alot of them are lame. Im getting to the point where I dont even care to even try to to do them. I spend 2 hours trying to ask a mob a question and get nothing! I spend days trying to find items that dont seem to exist. And the fact that the mobs arent very specific pisses me off.

Oh well, Ill let you gods tell your mud buddies about them, then they can tell me. Saves me the time and trouble.

Kinda lame how one cant go quest, I think peeps should get exp for questing...

How many people did it take to figure out Res? or Fire embody. one? two?

Emote tells you 'Grp shut up, and tell your snake to shut up too'

Grp.....................doesnt make cents...........
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:23 am

< 380h/380H 164p/164P 59v/121V >
< P: std > The Oracle of Leuthilspar
This dark and mysterious dwelling is the home of the mighty oracle of
Leuthilspar. She is said to be able to look deep into the heart of anyone's
soul and tell what is within. Her house seems to be alive, perhaps due to
the fact that is cut from the heart of a living tree, one of the largest
trees in all the city in fact.
Room size: Large (L:40 ft W:40 ft H:20 ft)
Exits: - North
An elf female commoner is standing here, shopping about the town.
An elven cat is here mewing for attention, and rubbing your leg.
The famous Oracle of Leuthilspar stands here looking into your soul.

< P: std > li
Sorry, but you cannot do that here!

< P: std > ask oracle hi
You ask the oracle 'hi'

< 380h/380H 164p/164P 61v/121V >
< P: std > ask oracle hello
You ask the oracle 'hello'

i can only dream of this oracle offering various quests based on class and level.

EM NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!!!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:42 am

Er, was there a question here?

I don't see one. My only comments are:

1) Quests aren't for everyone.

2) Quests are HARD to write, insulting the people who take the trouble to write them is probably not going to get you very far. :)
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
kaitos
Sojourner

Re: Quests.

Postby kaitos » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:00 pm

Valke wrote:How many people did it take to figure out Res? or Fire embody. one? two?

Actually there were about 7 or 8 of us that worked on Fire embody, and it took us about 3 weeks of searching for the right mobs, and figure out their clues.

-nenolople
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:37 pm

kaitos wrote:
Valke wrote:How many people did it take to figure out Res? or Fire embody. one? two?

Actually there were about 7 or 8 of us that worked on Fire embody, and it took us about 3 weeks of searching for the right mobs, and figure out their clues.

-nenolople

A better question would be "how many months did it take for people to realize that ice berries weren't food?"
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:36 pm

thanuk wrote:A better question would be "how many months did it take for people to realize that ice berries weren't food?"

Wait.. You mean they aren't? I always picked them up and put them with the goodberry stash I had..
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:21 pm

On the subject of ress. I was there when doing it for the first time, it didnt happen overnight, there were alot of deaths and it was extremely hard. Some quests are easy to figure out, some aren't. Insinuating that gods tell thier buddies the quests is equally as faux pas as insulting area writers for the effort and time they put into writing them.
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:26 pm

I understand how this may seem to be insulting, but its a bit tiresome when you work and work on a quest later to find out its broken. or to find out that the answers to questions you ask are so vague, and leave you baffled about what to do next. How about when you work at something and others are handed information upon asking. I speak for just not myself, but others I have talked to. Alot of people would rather have the quest handed to them then do it themselves, and I am starting to lean in that direction.
I do understand quest arent for everyone, but what about the ones who do want to do them, is it fair to spend countless hours working at something that doesnt pay off? Like a tinker machine! Is it fair to complete 99% of a quest only to find that a certain mob doesnt load anymore? Gods could keep us informed a little on such things. And as for 7, or 8 peeps figuring out res or whatever, I think thats a really low number considering the pbase Sojourn has.

I have hardly said a word about how things are on sojourn, I love 99% of it and I love what people have done to bring this enjoyment to me. I do feel the bbs was and still is set out for people to get what is on there mind to the eyes of the coders and creators. If I am gonna affend people for what minor issues I have to discuss. Then note this, DONT READ VALKE POST.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”