Mount ress

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Mount ress

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:06 pm

Would it be possible to make new code where you can resurrect players AND mounts? I envisioned a situation like this.

Dire raider and his wolf die.

Wolf gets ressed (don't know why he got ressed first!) and dire raider gets ressed. Then the dire raider uses a new command to recharm the wolf. Maybe something like an unfail tame b/c you already tamed the wolf.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:10 am

How does a dead wolf consent a resser tho?? Or is it assumed that the dead animal's consent reverts to the cleric?? This just seems odd to me ...

j00 know I love ya anyway!!
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:03 pm

This code used to be in the game....the res part anyways..

But they had to change it because of 'chaotic' players dragging things like displacer beasts into waterdeep then ressing them.

I'd assume a horse or a dire wolf would, for intents of the code, be considered a mob... so i'd also assume by allowing this would allow players to res mobs, leading to the same reason the staff removed it in the first place.

course you all knows what happens when i assume.... heh

by the way it's "RES" not "RESS" there is 1 's' in reSurrect! (pet peeve) :?
Dlur
Sojourner

resing mobs

Postby Dlur » Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:57 pm

Actually I think it was made so you couldn't res mobs more for quest twinking and exp twinking purposes than pkilling newbies by dragging aggro mob corpses to WD.

I know quite a few people used to sit with a level 46+ cleric and do exp on really good mobs and to forgo the repop they'd just res the mob and smite it before it spelled up again.

Also was used on quests quite often, like if you gave wrong items you'd kill the mob, get your items back, and redo the quest.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:10 am

This all seems a little pet cemetaryish to me..

the dire wolf dies a loyal pet and is resurrected a evil beast bent on destroying all who he once obeyed!

imho - bad idea
Baikalisan Terrorforge - Valsharess Elg'caress -

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”