Current state of quests?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
rylan
Sojourner

Current state of quests?

Postby rylan » Mon Feb 17, 2003 6:34 pm

Can any god let us know the current status of a bunch of the high level quests? I've heard quite a few were removed due to some recent incidents... I'd just like to know if things will be going back in, or are the quests gone for a while and we shouldn't bother trying to look for the mobs and items.
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:33 am

Ditto, I just came back from a couple weeks off after starting a new job, I was -one- item away from finishing a very large quest that is now removed, I'm sure the staff know which ones we are talking about, could we get some kind of response as to what the current state of this situation is?
-tdr
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:53 pm

yay i got artifacts now?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:35 pm

Guess so Dartan!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:00 am

Dalar wrote:yay i got artifacts now?

You have Tia eq...
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:50 am

good point moritheil. i should have said i have more artifacts now :)

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:01 pm

No offense to anybody out there, but it would really be nice to see this taken care of, since the keys to the ZONE were quested items. Now only a select few even have access to the zones beyond the outer one. This goes a little bit beyond having an artifact, since a small handful of people and those they take along can continue to do this zone while everybody else is just out of luck.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:02 pm

You know what would be fun? Is if just one day, without any notice or anything, you guys pulled hulburg and put dragonnia there:) SUPRISE!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:28 pm

Just for a day?
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:45 pm

Ashiwi wrote:No offense to anybody out there, but it would really be nice to see this taken care of, since the keys to the ZONE were quested items. Now only a select few even have access to the zones beyond the outer one. This goes a little bit beyond having an artifact, since a small handful of people and those they take along can continue to do this zone while everybody else is just out of luck.

Ok... everyone heard her... Ashiwi wants the keys to be made !rent.

:D
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:25 pm

i think that she just wants everyone to have an equal chance of getting to do the zone if they want.

But you knew that :>)
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:31 pm

Remove the zone... problem solved.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:34 pm

Savras wrote:Ok... everyone heard her... Ashiwi wants the keys to be made !rent.

:D

Sigh. Don't make me burn my "I Love Savras" tshirt.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm

Corth wrote:Remove the zone... problem solved.

And put dragonnia there! But dont tell anyone, make them find out the hard way. And then after a few people walk into dragonnia and die, and we've all had a few laughs, pull that too. Much hilarity will follow.

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:20 pm

Dragonnia would be a joke if it was just slopped in, with the power of players these days.
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:24 pm

Not to mention the quality of the zone :)

A couple gods went through and cut and pasted some choice descriptions etc into wiznet for us. Much hilarity & cringing was had by all :wink:
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:30 pm

Go hijack another thread for your dragonia memories thx! I would like a real response on this or at least a this is being decided on, or sorry yer out of luck har har.
tdr
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:51 pm

Damn Thanuk it's spelled "surprise". Some english degree :P

Please don't make the keys !rent. This would make some dumbass kill the quest mob or quest the mob and hide the key all boot, assuming someone doesn't stumble upon the items for the quest and hides that too.
Also,
PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE VINE MASTER IN A
!MAGIC/SUMMON/SILENCE ROOM

Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:19 pm

remove the zone, leave the eq already worked for in the game as a reward to those who did it.

everyone flamed the hell out of the zone and did nothing. a few players busted their ass, suffered through it, and got some nice rewards.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:38 pm

Savras wrote:Not to mention the quality of the zone :)

A couple gods went through and cut and pasted some choice descriptions etc into wiznet for us. Much hilarity & cringing was had by all :wink:

If you would like, we can cut and paste some choice descriptions from zones currently in the game, and much hilarity will ensue as well. Just like this purse birile showed me the other day:

This fine, supple leather purse is made of the highest quality materials. Once an elephant's scrotum, it now holds jewels of a different kind.

Now that was a suRprise! BTW dalar, i have an english degree, not a spleling dergee.

Pheten, heh sorry i jacked your thread. Im sure the gods are thinking long and hard about it, at least while they aren't making fun of the BEST ZONE EVER on wiznet.:(

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”