Tactical Spell/Melee Mix

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Galkar
Sojourner

Tactical Spell/Melee Mix

Postby Galkar » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:45 pm

I was thinking about something while reading these other threads, and had an idea for mixing spells and melee. It would work the same as feedback I imagine, only as a combo of a melee attack and spell attack instead of two spells.

Say a shaman and a warrior are fighting a mob. The shaman casts an offensive spell that stuns. What if the stun spell landed in the same round, or *just* before a combat turn, that the effect of the spell sets up the mob to have a chance to recieve "critical hits" from the warrior. I'm not sure how the rounds are worked out in the code, or if it's possible, but it was a thought.

I know that spells like blind, enfeeb, etc already bring down mob defensive skills, but just thought that this would add a twist to it. Say the first round a mob is blind, the amount of damage done for that one round is 20% higher than normal, but after that round "the mob wises up, and guards more". That might also be a good use for surprise, for rangers/dires to have a higher chance of "taking advantage" of the temporary disorientation of the mob.

I don't know, just a thought. Certain caster classes might have a bit more power in groups, if they could use a little offense and still help fighters. It doesn't have to be unbalancing, just some cool effects with small bonuses.

Shrug.
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:47 pm

Doh, this should be in ideas section, sorry.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:55 pm

This existed before the most recent changes. When a mob was bashed and stunned they spent longer on their butts than when just bashed.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”