Casting for Bards/Battlechanters

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Birile
Sojourner

Casting for Bards/Battlechanters

Postby Birile » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:23 pm

Okay, so I don't know how many spells per circle a ranger, dire, paly/anti etc. can cast but as a bard I know I'm entirely frustrated by the amount of spells I can cast in my higher-level circles. This comes from the fact that the current bard/bchanter system is similar to the called-proc item system, in that we can cast a certain amount of spells from each circle every 24 minutes, at which point all of our circles replenish and we can start anew. At level 48 I can cast a total of 2 10th circle spells (choosing between displacement and chain lightning) every 24 minutes and I hear that it doesn't change once I hit levels 49 or 50. While a bard is not a main caster by any means I would like to see our spells implemented in the way that the other "hybrid" (?) classes (rangers, etc.) are done (ie. give us a mem and bchanters a pray). I don't think this would overpower the class at all and I don't think this is outside the realm of a bard/bchanter for RP reasons but maybe I'm wrong. Thoughts?
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:42 pm

Rangers spell availability at level 50.

1st - 6
2nd - 5
3rd - 5
4th - 5
5th - 4
6th - 4
7th - 3
8th - 3
9th - 3
10th - 2

Just for information :)
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:15 pm

Thanks Sylvos!

As it stands, bards have 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th spell circles. I wouldn't be opposed to increasing the number of circles we had but I'm okay as is. I'd just like to cast a phantom armor without having to worry if it means I can cast enough invis spells in the next 24 minutes! Thus, a mem would be awesome!
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:49 pm

Birile wrote:Thanks Sylvos!

As it stands, bards have 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th spell circles. I wouldn't be opposed to increasing the number of circles we had but I'm okay as is. I'd just like to cast a phantom armor without having to worry if it means I can cast enough invis spells in the next 24 minutes! Thus, a mem would be awesome!

you probably only get 2nd 4th 6th 8th and 10th spells because you also get songs.
Hibbidy group-says 'you using fkeys or buttons'
Tsaen group-says 'buttons'
Tsaen group-says 'f1 f2'
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:10 am

It'd be nice to have more spells castable in each mud-day. But the thing that really gripes me is failing said spells. We fail, and it's 24 minutes until the next try(or whenever they replenish). Even ranger mem times aren't that bad :P . How about making our meager spells no-fail?

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:45 am

If Bards could cast more spells then they can currently those spells they do get would need to get downgraded. Considering they are a hitter class getting displacement once every 12 mins is pretty damn nice (Although chances are if you didn't have displacement you wouldn't be complaining). If bards are underpowered or lacking then their main skills/songs should be looked at, everything else is just a perk to the class.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:40 pm

im still waiting for chanters to get fheal.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:22 pm

Bipple wrote:(Although chances are if you didn't have displacement you wouldn't be complaining)

Actually, it's the chain lightning I wish I had more of! Yeah, chain lightning...

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”