feeblemind and failure rate..

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Sizzraxxil
Sojourner

feeblemind and failure rate..

Postby Sizzraxxil » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:59 pm

I find it is kind of.. well.. retarded when you can fail 100+ feeblemind on a target. I won't say which mob I failed that many on but I will say that I've got a feeblemind on it before at a lower level and in under 10 tries.. since this mob is in Hyssk I doubt very much gods changed it since last I did it..

feeblemind hasn't been changed has it?
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:00 am

I've noticed inconsistiences as well. Feeb has also been around a long time, and maybe it's bugged like the old pwb was bugged, where it checked the ss of the player rather than the ss of the mob.

On the other hand, this is a damn powerful spell, so it shouldn't land that often.
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:47 am

Ive noticed lately, that Pwb, and and feeblemind have been having alot harder time landing. I dont know if anything was changed, or if it was just bad luck.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:37 am

Just checked, feeblemind looks fine, though there could be a related error I suppose.

Not to be condescending (heh), but are you positive the mob was not feeb'd already and you had a gag on the message or something?

Also..what mob exactly? PM me if you don't want to say for some reason.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Sizzraxxil
Sojourner

Postby Sizzraxxil » Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:28 pm

it was Slisstuk the High Priest.. no it wasn't feebleminded already heh.. was still casting at me..=P
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:31 pm

Unless something was changed mobs can still cast once they're feebed, they just have to run out of the spells they already had in their queue.
tsaej
Sojourner

Postby tsaej » Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:14 pm

I was there while Sizzraxxil was attempting to feeb the mob and it was no exaggeration that he failed 100+ times. We both don't have the message gagged, it just wasn't landing.

It should be noted that this kind of thing does not happen often. I agree it shouldn't land right away all of the time considering the power of the spell. However, every now and again it almost seems like the mob becomes !feeb. I have watched people trying to feeb a mob and seen it land after the 3rd attempt and then on another day watched the same person try to feeb the same mob and it lands on the 50th attempt.

This isn't restricted to a particular mob either. I have seen this behaviour on several different mobs from several different zones. Now, perhaps somedays are luckier than others hehe, but I do believe that failing 100 times is either extremely bad luck or something funky is going on.

Tssizz -Shadowed Terror-
Pabo
Sojourner

Postby Pabo » Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:25 pm

Not only with feeblemind, I seem to be having problems just blinding today. A mob that I could usually blind with the 1st or 2nd try, I go through 7 blinds and not even land one.. thought it was odd. I dunno if i'm just having a bad blind day or what, but it's ridiculous. Especially when mobs switching are !fail :x
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:50 pm

Here goes the old stand by answer ..

If it becomes easier for us to land these spells, it also becomes easier for the mobs to land them too ....
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:16 pm

Not necessarily Ambar. There are seperate modifiers for some spells for PCs and mobs. Silence Person for example... mobs land this pretty easily against PCs even with stacked spellsave due to the modifier.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:23 am

I know that if I'm trying feeblemind any mob with mage abilities, I generally don't expect to land it anytime soon. 50+ fails isn't too surprising. Sure the occasional gets through, but usually this is not so.

On clerical mobs it's a different story, and landing feeblemind is super easy.

Whether this is how the spell always worked I don't know, or whether or not it's intended, I don't know that either :)

Same with major para.. which is highly victim-class dependant.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”