Light/Dark transition bugs

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Izisayyin
Sojourner

Light/Dark transition bugs

Postby Izisayyin » Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:06 pm

There seems to be some general oddness between daylight and darkness, and transitions between the two. It seems that if I turn on globe of darkness while it is still dark, and then it becomes light, the globe of darkness will have no effect. Also, if emitting a globe of darkness, and a fog is placed in the room, which then lifts, the globe will also cease functioning. The quick and easy fix is to walk out of the room and back in, and this corrects it, but that option isn't always available, especially when most critical. Attempting to re-enable globe of darkness in the situation where it has been bugged yields only the "You are already supporting a globe of darkness." message. I don't suppose this is a new bug, but I hadn't seen it mentioned so I figured i'd post.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Re: Light/Dark transition bugs

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:51 am

Izisayyin wrote:I don't suppose this is a new bug, but I hadn't seen it mentioned so I figured i'd post.

You didn't look back far enough, but I welcome more posts on this topic. ;)
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:01 pm

Yeah just wait till you have 2 psi's in the group with globe up. Much more strangeness occurs do to the fact that if a room becomes lite, it doesnt check any of the other players for globes.
Izisayyin
Sojourner

Postby Izisayyin » Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:08 pm

Wow, we didn't even get someone telling us that it shouldn't be fixed for reason of balance because it would affect ranger sneaking abilities or something.. i'm amazed :D
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:36 pm

8)

That's not saying much. You were amazed the other day when someone first elaborated on how light switches can be employed to activate the 'mini sun' attached to the ceiling of the room.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”