!ID Items

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dizzin
Sojourner

!ID Items

Postby Dizzin » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:17 am

Seriously, wtf is the point of these? Especially when you make certain items !id and !rent when it makes NO sense why they would be.
I'm personally looking for responses from Area gods on this, especially Savras and Shargaas since BOTH of them have peppered their new zones with NO-ID items. To make items No-id, and then add No-rent, particularly on !stat quest items where it makes NO sense at all is just plain a slap in the face.
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:13 pm

Hrmm... you're right.

I'll post a note to get those IDable again, but it might take a bit for it to go through. For now, assume anything from Pirate Isle thats !id is also !rent.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:26 pm

FLAME ON!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:30 pm

While you're fixing PI, why are the hidden exits different from other zones? In PI hidden exits don't become hidden on repop. Also when you search out one exit the exit in the other room stays hidden.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:21 pm

Dalar wrote:While you're fixing PI, why are the hidden exits different from other zones? In PI hidden exits don't become hidden on repop. Also when you search out one exit the exit in the other room stays hidden.

Because, thats just the way it is...
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:40 am

Savras wrote:
Dalar wrote:While you're fixing PI, why are the hidden exits different from other zones? In PI hidden exits don't become hidden on repop. Also when you search out one exit the exit in the other room stays hidden.

Because, thats just the way it is...

I'll assume that you designed it this way. If so that makes absolutely no sense. I find a trail in the bushes but i can't go back through that same trail in the bushes until i search it out again? Great logic

asamoth
Sojourner

Postby asamoth » Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:34 pm

Actually there are a few zones with hidden exits on both ends preventing going backwards until you've searched it out. Searching out an exit in one room does not automatically search out the next room, its just that some designers didnt hide the next room's exit.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:09 pm

I always equated it to something like being able to make your way down a rocky embankment, slipping and sliding through the pebbles, avoiding the mud, occasionally having to backtrack and take another route to get down safely. Then once you're down, you turn around and look back up, realize how impossible it would be to take the path back up that you took down, and think "Well, time to find another route." ::shrug:: A little imaginaton can rationalize anything in an irrational environment, and you'll find you get agitated over "unrealistic" things in the game a lot less easily.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:13 am

8)

Then there's flight- which makes that situation null.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:10 am

oh well, although the hidden exits are lame the final fights of the zone are HILARIOUS when u do them w/out any prior knowledge of the fight. nice work Savras!

moritheil
Sojourner

Re: !ID Items

Postby moritheil » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:17 pm

Dizzin wrote:Seriously, wtf is the point of these? Especially when you make certain items !id and !rent when it makes NO sense why they would be.
I'm personally looking for responses from Area gods on this, especially Savras and Shargaas since BOTH of them have peppered their new zones with NO-ID items. To make items No-id, and then add No-rent, particularly on !stat quest items where it makes NO sense at all is just plain a slap in the face.

I can't speak for pirate isle, I've only been there twice ;)

But in general, I think having some !ID items around is not a bad thing. Sometimes, in this universe of twinking and min-maxing, it's good to shake things up a bit with an unknown quantity.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: !ID Items

Postby Dalar » Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:20 pm

moritheil wrote:
Dizzin wrote:Seriously, wtf is the point of these? Especially when you make certain items !id and !rent when it makes NO sense why they would be.

I can't speak for pirate isle, I've only been there twice ;)

But in general, I think having some !ID items around is not a bad thing. Sometimes, in this universe of twinking and min-maxing, it's good to shake things up a bit with an unknown quantity.

man play the game b4 u make these statements

Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:16 pm

*roasts a marshmallow*
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”