Quest equipment

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

Quest equipment

Postby Daz » Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:45 am

can we *please* change the whole 'not allowed to trade quest eq'?

i have bags upon bags upon storage chests full of SHIT that i won't ever be able to quest, because i don't know them or they are broken, or whatever.

meanwhile, someone else may be looking for these things - but have no way of knowing that i have them, short of asking, which people don't want/like to do.

can i trade my not-rare-but-annoying-to-get quest items for other people's not-rare-but-annoying-to-get quest items?

i mean jesus christ, ive had this dusky jewel for a million years - i don't want the damn thing, and ive got a snowball's shot in hell of finishing annoying silver bands.

blah!
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:36 am

Give it away then.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:41 pm

I'll take that off your hands if you don't need it.

GRIN
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:58 pm

What you do in private is your business, and I doubt anybody's going to say anything if you're not advertising. Access to some of these quest items is limited for a reason, and I know that's a difficult thing to comprehend at times, because everybody wants the best items, but it's not the best thing for the game to flood the market with them. If there are specific items you need then talk to the people you know and you'll get them one way or another, and you don't have to resort to posting them in order to do so.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:13 pm

Zen wrote:Give it away then.

yeah .. why trade?? give it away
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:02 pm

if we could trade items, do you realize how much harder it would be to do quests? btw, people trade quest shit all the time, just gotta make sure gods don't see it
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:10 pm

Dalar quickly places a small strip of tape on the WD fountain.

Moments later at the TP...

Dalar conveniently drops the "eye of newt" quest item for the spanky ass warrior sword

Daz casually drops the "totem of significant power" quest item for the hard to find and horribly over powered shaman only head gear.

Dalar "accidently" picks up the Totem

Daz "inadvertently" picks up the Eye.

The KGB capture it all on video for future blackmail material.

The CIA follows daz back to his safe house.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:16 pm

Later that week in WD...

Daz is here slowly walking in the market square. Ashiwi strides confidently towards Daz.

They walk past each other quickly.

Ashiwi notches her Brush Pass Skill to Master.

Chuckle
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu May 01, 2003 1:13 am

I'd start giving stuff away if people would give me stuff! =P Really though, I don't see the big deal with trading quest items as long as you know exactly what you're looking for. I mean "a long staff" is a vague description, but if you know exactly which staff you're looking for, and another player has it, I don't see why you can't hammer out a deal. I understand that you can do this in private, but it's still illegal.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu May 01, 2003 3:59 pm

dusty jewel is for silver bands? sweeeeet thanks for the quest info

DELETE HIM!

hi daz:)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”