Shaman pshift

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Shaman pshift

Postby Dalar » Thu May 01, 2003 9:39 pm

now that shamans spirit wrack stun and jar stun are so crappy can we at least have plane shift?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Thu May 01, 2003 9:46 pm

yes!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu May 01, 2003 10:05 pm

Pretty please?
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu May 01, 2003 10:41 pm

sure, right after clerics get true sight or DI or defense skill :P

Re: Shaman pshift

Postby Guest » Thu May 01, 2003 11:16 pm

Dalar wrote:now that shamans spirit wrack stun and jar stun are so crappy can we at least have plane shift?

No.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Fri May 02, 2003 1:26 pm

Never did understand the reasoning about shaman not getting pshift.

Is that spell so unbalancing as to not give it to us?

Or is it that you want to have clerics have something that shaman have other than Res, Fheal, Slow poison?

Just don't understand it.

Of course I also don't understand why necro's dont get gate but I will let the necro's fight that battle themselves.
Pabo
Sojourner

Postby Pabo » Fri May 02, 2003 3:16 pm

old depok wrote:Never did understand the reasoning about shaman not getting pshift.

Or is it that you want to have clerics have something that shaman have other than Res, Fheal, Slow poison?

Just don't understand it.

Of course I also don't understand why necro's dont get gate but I will let the necro's fight that battle themselves.

Same here, what makes pshift so powerful anyways? I have a cleric and i don't find it all powerful. It only transports the player too, it's not like a gate spell where other players can enter. It's more like a convience spell so I don't have to harass another player to get on smoke or something. If you don't want to give shamans pshift, then make spirit walk a relocate spell, heh.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri May 02, 2003 3:40 pm

on a side note ... why don't races that get innate invis get innate detect invis... maybe while the skill is up??
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri May 02, 2003 3:49 pm

the only reason I see for not adding planeshift to the shaman spell list is the same reason for half the things on the mud and any MMORPG: to increase the amount of timesinks so people play more/play longer/stay longer

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Fri May 02, 2003 5:03 pm

we will never get pshift cause it would cause the outer planes to fall out of balance, we could like get to a plane by ourself and summon our uber pet and use our uber blind spell coupled with our uber offensive spells (you know the one target spell that we have that can actually go through globe) and kill all the shielded mobs with our globing spell and probably solo fp or something.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Fri May 02, 2003 5:09 pm

But Bil, we could do all that before. We just needed to get someone at 1w to throw up a gate!

Now we could do it FASTER with Pshift.
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Fri May 02, 2003 5:17 pm

oh must have missed that :P
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri May 02, 2003 5:37 pm

Wouldn't y'all shamans (shamen?) just prefer to get your stun strength back?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri May 02, 2003 5:56 pm

not really because illusionists rule the stunning area. it's not even funny anymore. seriously if shamans don't get pshift just b/c of how much we could solo (oh no ribcage!) then druids should lose it too. druid's damage per full heal is much better than shamans now that we can't stun reliably.

Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Fri May 02, 2003 6:07 pm

ya would suck if i could get to astral by myself and solo the 2 mobs in ribcage that arent shielded
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Sat May 03, 2003 2:53 am

old depok wrote:Never did understand the reasoning about shaman not getting pshift.

Of course. Class diversity. It's a good thing. This argument has been made a thousand times and the response is always "why not give class XXX planeshift too? Obviously _that's_ not unbalancing." Well of course it's not unbalancing but that's not really the point. And the same thing applies to necro's with gate.

I'm a lich, I don't WANT gate, and if I had a shaman, I wouldn't want pshift either.
Pabo
Sojourner

Postby Pabo » Sat May 03, 2003 1:26 pm

Dezzex wrote:Of course. Class diversity. It's a good thing. This argument has been made a thousand times and the response is always "why not give class XXX planeshift too? Obviously _that's_ not unbalancing." Well of course it's not unbalancing but that's not really the point. And the same thing applies to necro's with gate.

I'm a lich, I don't WANT gate, and if I had a shaman, I wouldn't want pshift either.

How come druids get pshift then? They have wells, why should they get pshift? That doesn't seem very diverse to me. Clerics, druids, and shamans are all considered under the 'clerical' class. Either keep it cleric only or share it with the shaman.

Oh and gate, it's not very diverse if every other mage class gets it and the only class that doesn't get it is necro/lich. I don't think that is "diversity" either.
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Sat May 03, 2003 3:43 pm

there is enough diversity between clerical classes as it is. There are certain utility spells that are common amongst classes and pshift should be one of them just as word is.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Sat May 03, 2003 10:21 pm

Just because every other clerical class has it doesn't mean that there is no class diversity. Nobody is arguing pshift is a unique spell, because obviously it isn't. But the fact that shamans do not get it further differentiates shamans from other clerical classes. That "there is enough diversity between the clerical classes" is entirely subjective and even if this were widely regarded as true, it's still no reason just to start copying spells over willynilly from this clerical class to that clerical class. What about darkness, and silence? Clerics and shamans get them both, but druids don't. Are we going to then duplicate those under the same logic?

You can also argue that basic 1st circle spells like di, dm, and word are staple spells for that class category, so every mage gets di and every cleric gets word. I see no reason why 8th/9th circle quested planeshift should fall under this category.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”