ancestral shield

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Bilraex
Sojourner

ancestral shield

Postby Bilraex » Mon May 12, 2003 1:30 pm

Ive noticed that sometimes with shield you get the message that it has absorbed too much dmg and disipates, and if you do a sc it doesnt show up as active. So at this point i will throw another shield up and about 2 rnds later it drops with the normal your ancestors depart,

so it appears that the new shield is somehow getting on the old shields counter.

And speeking of counters i think the duration of this spell should be upped abit. it doesnt last very long as it is.

Postby Guest » Wed May 14, 2003 11:30 pm

Oh cool... OK, I know what's happening and will look into it.
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Thu May 15, 2003 12:27 am

Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Thu May 15, 2003 5:38 am

Which reminds me, sounds like what was being reported with time stop a while back too. Iyachtu offered it might have to do with having it drop prematurely in combat etc., and while I didn't follow up on that, been watching it for a while now and I think it an accurate guess. :)
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu May 15, 2003 1:47 pm

Dezzex wrote:Which reminds me, sounds like what was being reported with time stop a while back too. Iyachtu offered it might have to do with having it drop prematurely in combat etc., and while I didn't follow up on that, been watching it for a while now and I think it an accurate guess. :)

My soon-to-be ex-husband had that same problem. Is there a little blue pill for mud code?
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu May 15, 2003 1:52 pm

Ash . DAMN you!!! I choked on my fruit loops :( ugly to see green and pink milk spew from one's nose ...

Thanks for goin there tho .. cause u know I wasn't far behind you:P

Postby Guest » Thu May 15, 2003 9:29 pm

This has to do with spells that have durations in seconds, not minutes (thuse making it so we don't have the tick problem that drops the spell in 2 seconds sometimes on short duration minute-based spells).

Gotta think of a way to avoid it.
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Thu May 15, 2003 11:53 pm

if the problem is the duration being in seconds then the easy fix is to just do the duration in minutes :P
problem fixed!
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Fri May 16, 2003 4:14 am

The exact same thing happens with Preserve. I'm done casting this low level spell after 2 stars but the code doesn't recognize this and continues to cast for another 4 stars or so.
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:24 pm

with the many prisms coming a group's way now, it think it would be nice if ancestral shield had a chance of also absorbing stun effects from like thundeblast and a chance of absorbing para/poison/blind etc.. effects from a prism
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:24 pm

oh and the timer is still not working properly

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”