garroting flee or not to flee...

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Malia
Sojourner

garroting flee or not to flee...

Postby Malia » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:10 pm

Well since garrote had been overhalled i had practiced garrote, i now have a garrote skill of 93. I love it. It has great benefits and some serious side affects of failing.. 3 rounds stun being the worst..my main concern is that you cant flee...everyone else doing whatever they are doing can flee, even casters can abort and flee. Garote stop takes 3 rounds to kick in, and you cant flee while garroting a mob. In a realistic look at garroting, whats to say you cant release yer grip and run like hell. Id look at maybe changing garrote stop to being more of an abort. An instantanious action, then you can flee. Just wanted to get some feedback and see if im off base.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:37 am

Well, you make a good point. Garrote in it's current form IS pretty powerful though, and it does require drawbacks to remain balanced. It may be that the inability to flee is too much, but I'll have to think about it some more and discuss it a little further. I'll post here with the results. In the meantime, further feedback/discussion is appreciated. :)
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”