soul prison

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Gura
Sojourner

soul prison

Postby Gura » Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:20 am

ok cool zone nice eq but there's no risk to justify 75% of the items that come from there. don't see how the mud will get balanced by putting a zone in like that where u can get back anything u could possibly lose in a matter of hours. maybe its just me but i dont think so.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:18 am

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'u can get back anything u could possibly lose in a matter of hours'. Isn't that the case with everything else except a few of the bigger quests?

spob requires some additional level of skill beyond what your average zone needs. A well balance group where everyone knows what they're doing and can work well together can get through faster, while a group that isn't quite on the ball can get spanked several times and take a long time to do the zone. Either way its still a lot of time involved.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:24 am

basically what im saying is that all you can lose is xp. granted it requires some skill to enter the zone but its not the toughest zone in the world by far. Bronze citadel requires MUCH more planning and skill to do plus the risk is 10x as great and the rewards from there are not nearly as good as half the things i've seen from spob.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:51 am

hrm nod.. spob eq is kinda random though. I've seen stuff that made the whole trip pretty much a waste, while other times it rocked.
I guess from my point of view spob is alright cuz if I had to leave during it I could, and the time requirement allows me to do it (although not often), while bronze citadel I'll probably never see.
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:07 am

Some true things posted above, a couple notes though:

1. groups are currently being helped (quite a bit) by the the tracking bug thats plaguing the mud.

2. look for spob eq to be rebalanced along with the most of the mud sometime soon.

3. Yea, you can leave any time you like (technically) but you sac a corpse for it.

4. Hrmm... there was a 4, but I went to do something in another window and forgot what it was now ;)
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:41 pm

Thats true.. the tracking bug made some of the spob fights rather interesting... mob would track, then not, then surprised us and kicked our ass a bit :P
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:32 pm

Leaving a corpse is 6+ hours exp for some of the mage classes, !fun at all. Some of us don't consider that a small risk. Well ok I don't mind because I have insane playtime but other players that have fairly busy lives it is a major downer. They play to zone not exp.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:18 pm

It's not like the corpses can't be embalmed and ressed later... If for some reason you cut the zone short, go back the next day, do it and ress the rest. It's only temporary exp-loss, and if the player doesn't log on enough to go back to the zone, well how important can it possibly be?

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”