Dodgy Ninjas

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
ssar
Sojourner

Dodgy Ninjas

Postby ssar » Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:23 pm

I have heard rumors of certain players killing certain quest/rare mobs purely to prevent others from questing them as they were designed to be.
If this kinda shit goes on, stop it - it's freaking ridiculous.
BEER
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Re: Dodgy Ninjas

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:29 pm

ssar wrote:I have heard rumors of certain players killing certain quest/rare mobs purely to prevent others from questing them as they were designed to be.
If this kinda shit goes on, stop it - it's freaking ridiculous.

Here's a question:

Which is worse, farming a quest over and over at boot to prevent anyone but one person from doing the quest (and acting like this person owns it and anyone who attempts the quest has to be given permission by this person) just so this person can sell the items for their personal gain instead of thinking of others new to the game who are in need of such an item and/or would like to do the quest themselves; OR killing one of the mobs this S.O.B. needs for your own EXP and/or RP reasons and as a result prevent the item from oversaturating the market resulting in it's downgrading?

Now personally I haven't done this, but let's say I'm working on a quest and I run into someone who does it say 3 boots in a row and tells me I need permission from them to do it. Come boot 4 I'm gonna kill a mob they need to complete the quest first thing I do. Same with the next boot. And the one after. And the one after that, and as long as this person is around. Don't like it? Don't farm. And don't you DARE blame your farming on someone else.

Something to think about.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:06 pm

what an odd post...

maybe just do the quest instead of talking to the fool who is 'farming' it or smiting the mob which is against the sojourn rules? Farmers are a wierds bunch, but going out of your way to smite a mob so that they cant do a quest is just crack ridden
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:41 pm

u know nothing brings out a good post like specifics... so i wanna see some! yes..i know of people who are smackin yasmine because they have penis envy.. ,.. yes i know these guys who have a tent pitched for weeks at a time in greycloak but i never get invited to their bbqs... etc etc etc... generally speaking ..when this shit happens, u bitch and whine, they get away with it and life goes on... is this fair ? i dunno...but unless they fly directly in the face of the rules, and the fuzz is onsight to puttem in the paddywagon...then jonny gets away clean with the fiver...confused yet ? in some zones it gets better still...because the spell quest items u need are 'farmed' as u have put it, by those of us with hours to spare and a pop timer to the milisecond... lose that self respect, lower your aspirations..or your forehead, and these divine personas may give you the item...makes u feel good to know that u are the scum beneath sum1s feet does it not ? well... in conclusion i hope we are all a little more confused after reading this post, for ladies and gentleman, if an unknown cleric manages to find shijin by pure luck in a dark storm, there is always more beer.

thankyou and goodnight.
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:58 pm

Losh, remind me to invite you to my next keg party. You're a fantastic drunken orrator.

-Llandrien

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”