Alternative to downgrading.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Kribble
Sojourner

Alternative to downgrading.

Postby Kribble » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:35 pm

I love align restrictions on items. Anything that makes people look unique is great in my book. So I got to thinking, rather than do blanket downgrades on items, why not selectively limit race usage?

If silverbands were, let's say, human only, but mantle was, let's say, !human, you would still be effectively downgrading the class as a whole. However you would be varying what different races looked like, spreading out demand for items, increasing the difficulty (fun) of creating the 'perfect' eq set.

In this way you could also balance the deficiencies eq downgrades will cause to different races. The lower a character's base hit points are, the more downgrades will hurt.

Thoughts on this?
Friends > All.
-Cap'n Touk
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:47 pm

Class/race/alignment restrictions are already included and give more leeway in adding positive stats to items.

ATM the hp dg is a blanket thing, but that doesn't mean ALL hp items are downgraded. There are a few significant ones that received a large upgrade.
beldim
Sojourner

Race restrictions/old items.....

Postby beldim » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:33 am

So does that mean that the old Single race/sex/very limited items that are rare/quest items could be in for upgrade? Cause that would be great.
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:42 am

No, it means its taken into consideration already. Not guaranteeing an upgrade or downgrade.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”