Just curious

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Wobb
Sojourner

Just curious

Postby Wobb » Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:32 pm

These questions are totally just for my own curiosity and are not meant in any way to demean, demoralize or otherwise detract from the wholesome goodness and fun this game has brought me!

(man hehe every time I post I gotta do disclaimer now)

1. How come heal only does about 100 for shamans, and same with group heal, it only does about 90ish. Is it capped? Again, i'm not asking it to be changed or anything like that, just curious why there is a difference in raw healing power between classes. Just curious what the idea behind it was. dont' cleric heals do like 200 (eventually)?

2. How come mobs can summon us but we can't summon them? I know this has been answered before but I forgot. Was it twinking? I'm sure it was. but again, just curious.

3. Do bludgeon weapons still have a chance to stun? Did it ever? Just my imagination? Just curious! I seem to remember dorf cleric wielding a bludgeon weapon and sometimes it stunned the opponent. It's cool if it was taken out because everyone and their sister has a stunning spell or skill now adays but well you know, just curious.

4. Do bashed mobs take extra melee damage? I seem to have read somewhere that "sitting" mobs take 1.5 and "lying" mobs took 2x damage. I've been playing the game for too long to remember!

5. Speaking of stun (#3), does it do anything melee wise?

6. Is it myriad? Or a myriad of? (I know the answer Ragorn this is just to get people thinking ya know).

7. Do tanks take extra melee damage while they are stunned, or when they are using a skill like shieldpunch or bash, that lags them between rounds? (i haven't noticed )

Hrm gotta do some real work, i'll continue this later!

Wobb
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:41 pm

1. Clerics are spec healing (usually). The help files for that used to say that specialization gave a 1-100% bonus based on skill to the spells, its probably still the same.

2. Yes twinking... why go to the mob when you can bring it to the group?

3. Dont recall bludgeoning weapons ever stunning, could be wrong.

4. Dunno, I'd think so yea... but its not hugely significant I don't think.

5. You can't use any called special melee abilities (bash/shieldpunch/etc) while stunned I believe.

6. The answer is yellow.

7. I think you answered your own question.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:46 pm

- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”