zoning in jot

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

zoning in jot

Postby Abbayarra » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:24 pm

Hello all!,
I have been on sojourn since torilmud. I've probably got something along the lines of 75 playing days since that time. I must make a confession right now, I have never been zoning!
The one thing I have always wanted to do was go do the Jot zone!
Now my biggest character is a 38th level ranger named Golen.
His equipment is pretty poor as it is only what I could buy or what was gifted to me. If anyone in the near future would feel comfortable introducing me to zoning I would be thankful!
I read these boards almost every day and if you would like to do this please let me know.
Golen
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:33 am

just keep on exp grinding and you'll get there soon enough.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gyrx
Sojourner

Re: zoning in jot

Postby Gyrx » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:06 pm

Abbayarra wrote: have never been zoning!
The one thing I have always wanted to do was go do the Jot zone!
Now my biggest character is a 38th level ranger named Golen.

Level up an evil to 20 and i'll lead jot for you
Yarash
Sojourner

Re: zoning in jot

Postby Yarash » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:02 pm

Abbayarra wrote:The one thing I have always wanted to do was go do the Jot zone!

First, there is no reason why you can't go zoning right now. Your level is appropriate for a first zoning trip.

And now I'll tell you the same advice I give everyone for grouping. Do not sit around waiting for others to contact you. You need to be proactive. Start by contacting typical zone leaders. You will probably have to ask around to find out who they are. If you don't know who to ask, ask helpers (type "who helper good"). When you get a list of zone leaders, and are ready to contact them, first make sure they aren't busy. If you type "who good ungroup", and see the leader, then that would be a great time to tell to her. If the leader is grouped, you might ask if she has time to talk. If she does, introduce yourself, and mention that you've never been zoning before, and that you would like to go sometime. Ask if the leader would be willing to take you on a suitable first zoning trip at a future time (or you could specify jot if that's all you're interested in). The person will probably say yes, but your effort doesn't stop there. You would do well to tell to the person once in awhile with a greeting, and maybe casually ask if they are doing anything interesting. If the person seems to be annoyed, then you should cease communications with said person.

- Mike

evilrace cleric alt

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”