Forgotten Char Names!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Relnor
Sojourner

Forgotten Char Names!

Postby Relnor » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:17 pm

Is there anyway to find characters whose names you've forgotten?
I have a bard i'd like to play but i forgot his name *panic*
Anyone else have this prob? (happened when i switched comps & moved a while back)
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:38 am

Nod! I lost my password to one of my characters:(
sucks huh!

Every log in and they dont except your password, then you find out you are logging in as someone else??? Someone you dont even know at all. That happened to me, I thought my name was bla bla, and it wasnt, but I was so sure!!! few days later I see the name running around and it hit me!

Grp..................................................is only a troll, stop throwing rocks.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:05 am

As Kia was like, tracking your insidious hack attempts, ready to bust you!
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Relnor
Sojourner

Postby Relnor » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:58 am

Don't guess I can be helped then? :\ He was mid twentys and had eq on him, oh well i guess :P
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:09 pm

Thats why I always use the same password for all my myriad chars: myriad
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:03 pm

8)

That's the same password I use, Snurgt!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:59 pm

Snurgt accidentally used it correctly :(
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Relnor
Sojourner

Postby Relnor » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:10 am

Didn't lose my password, i forgot the characters name! :shock:
Yarash
Sojourner

Re: Forgotten Char Names!

Postby Yarash » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:10 pm

Relnor wrote:Is there anyway to find characters whose names you've forgotten?

Once you've exhausted your own resources (looking at your sojourn files, trying to remember, whatever), there are a couple options as I see it.

1. Ask your friends who you may have grouped with if they can remember. If you do that and come up emptyhanded, you could talk to me. Tell me as much as you can remember about the character (class, race, aproximate level, name starts with a _, etc..) and I can come up with a list of possible names.

2. The gods may keep logs, one of the logs may contain a list of every, or recent, connections, including character name and host. A grep of the log with your host as the search argument may yield a list of your characters. Finding a staff member with access who is willing may prove quite difficult on this mud though.

Relnor wrote:Anyone else have this prob? (happened when i switched comps & moved a while back)

I have never had this problem because I keep accurate records of my characters. This can be easily done by making a text file on your computer named "sojourn characters", and each time you make a new alt, type his name in the file, as well as the password.

- Mike

evilrace cleric alt
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:18 pm

Or do what I did. Each time you make an alt create a new icon for it in your client (if possible) under the name of the character. I do it as soon as I roll up an alt because I've forgotten names before... there's still a little illusionist out there somewhere with a name I can't quite remember. The time I rolled up a little mage and equipped it then forgot the name, however, that was the clincher. Luckily I had a keystroke logger installed on my puter and was able to pull that up and find where I'd typed the name to a friend in ICQ.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:30 pm

Your bard's name was Ronler. :wink:
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:19 am

Snurgt wrote:Thats why I always use the same password for all my myriad chars: myriad

That's the same password I use on my luggage!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”