Barbarian/human or downgrade psi mobs.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Barbarian/human or downgrade psi mobs.

Postby Dalar » Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:21 pm

440+ ultrablast. WTF. Can human/barb get some sort of saves? I'm para everytime I see a blue prism beam. Every ultrablast just rapes me. Human/barb have the worst innates. Also, downgrade ultrablast please. That much damage for a skill that can be done every couple of rounds is unbalanced.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Rihesesassixiz
Sojourner

Postby Rihesesassixiz » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:40 am

But 500 damage is a good thing... Ultrablast is the strongest Psionicist skill. Believe me, it sucks up the PSP...
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:51 am

Far as I know there is a save v psi spells.

It's not as if the mud thinks 'Oh, a human, give em double damage! Haha'

It's just not a save in the traditional manner.
Alomlim
Sojourner

Postby Alomlim » Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:40 am

Agree Dalar, ultrablast is gross vs. barbarians.

I have some nice 540+ hp ultrablasts logged vs. Soroth... I'd rather spend a round tanking a dracolich any day. Mindblank helps a great deal...

Doubling the duration on mindblank to make it a worthwhile spellup would be a nice improvement... as it is, even when you know the pain is coming there's little to do, as enchanters can't keep mindblank up for long enough to even get most ways through a (known psi) battle.

-Soroth/Alomlim
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:08 pm

well having enchanters have mind blank just continues one of the main problems with soj3. u need to have a certain class to do a certain mob. would be nicer if they spread out some class skills. also, the duration of all buffs should be increased. it's annoying when u have to wait 5 minutes to redo a whole spellup because someone is afk.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:54 pm

Hrm, only 440 damage? Needs to be upped some I think. 500 damage is nothing compared to some of what the evil tanks go through if you really want to compare.

Seriously tho the way its curently coded into the system you should never be ublasted unless 50%+ of a typical goodie group, or 10% of a typical evil group fell asleep. If it were coded properly then I could see complaining. If you don't know what I mean by coded properly, then you haven't played a psi so quiet.

If you got ublasted while trying to solo something well.....

Mind blank blocks ublast? Don't think it does, if it does that needs to be fixed.
Mind blank - "The victim will be immune to all but top circle mind-based and psionic attacks"
Ublast - Class/Level: Psionicist 47th
Oosh
Sojourner

Postby Oosh » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:05 pm

Actually, thats one of the best things I like about Soj3... Each race/class combination has its uses in various zones, specific mob(s), etc. Yet, damn near every fight/zone can be done with any arrangement of race/classes, depending on intelligence/time. Honestly, from my experiences, no 1 race/class is "required".
Back to the matter at hand, Ublast does not need any tweaking. Lets see, its the highest level skill an Illithid gets, lvl47, quest skill, from what... an Alian Race... I mean, it doesn't really matter your saves, equipment, yeah Mindblank helps. Oh and Mindblank lasts long enough, for any squid fight, even with only 1 good Enchanter. But Ublast hurts us all, ogres, trolls, and even you humans and barbies out there.
"Ultrablast is an extremely potent ability, rivaling the potency of
even mage's and cleric's best offensive spells."
Pretty much says it all.
Not like Squids are supa-buff or anything, damn, they're basically low hp zone fodder, helpful damage when !voker/!lich, and gopher when we need.
Try putting yerself in their shoes, average 100 hps nekkid prolly more with max con notch, yet drows and squids have some insanely low hps, and try having a zone job of only picking people up and maybe throwing some damage here and there.. ehheh

nuff said, just try makin' some of them warriors do a little useful skill called bash, think thats what its called ;), damn lazy warriors, whats wrong with them these days. !removing weapons on shields, glancing when they have globe, !rescuing !bashin fools.... *sigh*

"Thank you, drive through..."
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:10 pm

Oosh wrote:nuff said, just try makin' some of them warriors do a little useful skill called bash, think thats what its called ;), damn lazy warriors, whats wrong with them these days. !removing weapons on shields, glancing when they have globe, !rescuing !bashin fools.... *sigh*

god damn lazy warriors
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:29 pm

Gyrx wrote:
Oosh wrote:nuff said, just try makin' some of them warriors do a little useful skill called bash, think thats what its called ;), damn lazy warriors, whats wrong with them these days. !removing weapons on shields, glancing when they have globe, !rescuing !bashin fools.... *sigh*

god damn lazy warriors

Dam them all to hell. Want a real tank? Get a voker!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:22 pm

Someone post up how much dmg cloud does on a protted troll? :D
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:43 pm

8)

I've taken 800+ Ublasts before..
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:17 pm

That's because your mind is so much bigger. Mitharx has never been ublasted;)
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:22 pm

I've eaten a 1541 hps cloud (from a frost giant mage in jot) before due to a fire embody bug related to trolls and 2x damage. I actually lived, too.

Deathmagnet
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:50 pm

i've eaten upwards of 900hps from clouds before. but normally its around 3-400.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:03 pm

Gura wrote:i've eaten upwards of 900hps from clouds before. but normally its around 3-400.

To the contrary of humans/barbies you have innates/stats that are meant to balance your vulnerability.
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:22 am

Err innates to balance out it.... Barbs do have bslam no?
Humans don't have innates, but the human specific classes (pal/anti) can stop it, so human race intrinsically can stop it.

We're not talking 10th eye prot in which some random item or random social in the game might prevent you from instadeath. The damage is easily preventable as are cloud damage and pris damage (cept the ogre bashing faeries in SC, but thats a diff thread). If you keep sucking damage you might want to ask some people to recode their warriorbots or whatnot.

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”