Res effects screwing up memtimes

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Res effects screwing up memtimes

Postby Dalar » Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:27 pm

can u guys at least make the memming after res scale correctly? i hate it as i type spells to mem the mem time jumps.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:49 am

Isn't that the point?
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:24 pm

Well, I think what he's talking about is, if you do a deathmem while in ress effects, when you come out of the effects, your mem times are still gigantic.

I would just assume this not be changed though. You can easily bypass this problem by starting to mem before you get your ress. Hell, the first thing I do after I die is run to the inn for my backup books, and start a deathmem. If a cleric needs consenting, I do that after starting the deathmem, and then deathmem at normal rates while in ress. This seems like a bug, but then again what do I know...I thought weightless bags were a bug when I first started here.

Oh, another thing you could do is prioritize all the spells after ress. When you prioritize, it updates the mem times. So if you start a deathmem, get ressed, and prioritize, the mem times get hosed. By the same token, if you start a deathmem in ress and prioritize after fx, they mem times return to normal. This is a pain though, so it's best just to start the deathmem before ress.

- Mike

evilrace cleric alt

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”