Eq changes

Archive of the Sojourn3 Gameplay Discussion Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Eq changes

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:25 am

when are they coming?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:11 am

man I'm hoping spob gets a big hit.

from a mage perspective:
boots/belt/mask/robe/gloves/bracer are the best in the game for their slots. seelie fills in the ring/wielded/eyepatch. sf for neck/crown, and musp for about body. way to spread out the eq guys!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:58 pm

That's just it, Dartan, the equipment isn't going to be spread out. With the new system in place, and a builder's penchant for wanting to build the biggest and the best, most badass zone, the older zones won't be able to compare, and because they won't be able to compare in toughness of zone, the equipment from older zones will now be relegated to the mid-level pile.

I have to agree on SPOB rewards. While I liked the reward system at first, the way it's set up is designed to keep players going back time and again in the hopes of getting each of those top-end items for each slot. You shouldn't have the option of filling so many slots with top-end gear from the same zone, in my opinion.

It's a two-edged sword. The game needs more high end zones, with high end rewards. The ensuing inflation, however, will render the older zones and equipment obsolete. The high end player's options, while seemingly expanded, will narrow to focus on those zones which offer them progress and improvement upon their own kits and the kits of their friends, and those zones which were once considered fun will be farmed simply for their quest items.

In the effort to re-stat equipment the staff should take an overall look at the zones, once the final numbers are in, and consider adjustments in order to spread the wealth of high end equipment among many of the zones already in the game. To do this the stats of smaller pieces could be reduced in order to increase the desirability of one particular piece, the fights around a piece could be buffed up, or any number of other tweaks could be made. I would even be all for the creation of new "super hard" fights in many of the zones in order to more evenly distribute the equipment which is becoming so concentrated in a small number of zones, fights which could be avoided if the group chose, but in all likelihood would be the main reason for most groups to visit these zones now that the pbase is growing beyond them and other, more lucrative, zones are being put into place.

Heck, you could even discontinue items already in the game. If all the sense life items except for the raven eyepatch were suddenly made so that they no longer loaded, or all those that now loaded no longer held a sense life flag, the raven eyepatch would suddenly become a very sought after item. I'm not saying that's the way to go about it, but there are many options to consider. As much as we don't care for that particular system on the face of it, the "relic" quality given to discontinued items is a tactic known to work for the pbase of many games, giving players a sense of uniqueness, something greatly desired in the consideration of long-term playability.

Variety is the spice of life... even a mudding life.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:21 pm

Considering the fact that many people already know some of the new stats on the items, and are making trades accordingly with people that don't know jack, hopefully the changes will come in soon. I've been told that Muspelheim changes, in particular, are widely known.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:49 pm

Vacation > Response Time

But, pretty sure we have 99% of the zoning zones complete and will try to move those in pending forger approval at the end of the week. The rest (hometowns, roadzones, low level stuff, extraneous quests) will be fixed up shortly, but.. shortly god time, and I know you don't all wanna wait for that :P

Dug
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:16 am

My concern so far is that some quests are essentially 0 points, even though they are not necessarily easy for the level of item you get. Also, does cost of questing play any part into item points? Mithril leggings, Chlora armor Dscale cloak, etc?

Return to “S3 Gameplay Discussion Archive”